Real Buyer's Message Identified as Spam affecting Message Response Rate

Hi.

Like many, I had a first time message from a buyer identified as spam.  As soon as I noticed it was there, I moved it from my spam folder to my inbox and then replied to it.  Unfortunately, it was after 24 hours and it is now affecting my message response rate, resulting in my Star Seller rating being removed.  I did have one other message that I didn't reply to because I was literally, and I do mean literally, in an active back and forth with the customer in the thread attached to her order when she, for some reason, started a second thread.  This means I have two late responses, when I should have only one.  I'll take responsibility for the second one, but the non-spam message should not be included in the calculation.

I opened a support request, but that request is now flagged as Complete, yet no one responded to it - so I'm not sure how it can be completed.

While Etsy did restore my Start Seller rating for April and for May, because I don't get many messages from prospective buyers, that non-spam message is dragging my response rate for June qualification way down and I'll lose Star Seller for June (and probably July), until that message falls off after three months.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this fixed?  Just keep opening tickets until someone finally responds?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
4 Replies
nineteen27
Community Maker

Re: Real Buyer's Message Identified as Spam affecting Message Response Rate

i have been telling sellers in the forum.

to leave the spam messages in spam.

and just respond from there.

other-wise etsy will count it against you.

if the response is over 24 hours old.

try this:

put the message back into spam.

see if it helps.

3 Likes

@nineteen27 That "loophole' appears to have been closed

0 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

@CarpetCollectionAU 

i never remove anything from spam.

so i would not know.

but it never hurts to try anyway.

1 Like

I tried getting Support on the Chat, but the Chat doesn't seem to work.  The last rep I chatted must not have disconnected properly, so there's no AI response, no menu, no nothing.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.