Quick edit not working

As of today mine is still not working when trying to update titles in quick edit. I'm using chrome browser, and I cleared my cache but no change. Other sellers over the past week have also reported the same issue. Is this no longer going to be available or an issue still working on being resolved? 

Update: they said it's a technical issue

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
29 Replies

Re: Quick edit not working

Did you hit return so you get the checkmark?  If you are not seeing the checkmark then the system didn't accept the change.  I just tried it and it worked fine.  

0 Likes

Hi, I did but it pops up with a red error msg banner "Uh oh! Something went wrong - please try again." Then the error msg disappears after a few seconds, the title updates but then when I leave Quick edit, it goes back to the original title.

5 Likes

I'm bumping this up because it still isn't working. Anyone else still experiencing this issue?

5 Likes

Having the same issue. Red banner pops up, 'ug oh something went wrong'.

Really not sure how to resolve it or know why it's happening. Very inconvenient.

3 Likes

YES!  For months I have been asking Etsy for help without any!  They say use the old system.  I say I did, they say use the new system.  The say try another browsers and clear the cache, I tried Brave Chrome, Safari, Opera, AND Firefox and it still doesn't work!  They say wait for the page to load, I waited a half hour and still get the same error message.  I also see that 100's of other people are complaining about the same problem!

5 Likes

I'm getting this error this morning too when trying to update quantities on the manage listings page.   I try to update quantity by clicking little pencil icon or with quick edit and red banner pops up saying "Uh oh! Something went wrong - please try again.".   

Nothing seems to be making the updated quantity I'm typing "stick".

2 Likes

Same here. Anything I try to update in Quick Edit will not work.  

1 Like

@StrandedTreasures   The only way I could figure out how to update the quantity and make it stick was to go into the listing itself and update it there.

Of course that is much slower and clunky to do versus just the quick edit function for it.  

Odd that there hasn't been more shops reporting this.  

0 Likes

I am so MAD!! - This is a HUGE issue when you have 400 listing - very time consuming and total BS!!!

0 Likes

I found a few posts on sellers with the same issue about a week ago. I've tried everything but nothing is fixing it. Etsy told me to clear cache and switch to listing old version but that didn't fix it. So I paid $5 to use Vela to bulk edit some of my titles for now. Today I noticed when my listing is sold out and I renew it and try to adjust the quantity it gives me an error message. It seems to be anything that can quickly update a listing.

1 Like

How did you guys finally resolve this issue - Customer Service is of zero help

0 Likes

Is anyone else still having this problem? It's been a few weeks and I submitted the issue to etsy but still not resolved. Wondering if I'm the only one unable to use Quick Edit. I have almost 1200 listings so it really comes in handy. 

1 Like
DJRBoutique
Inspiration Seeker

I see you updated that it's a technical issue, so they know when it will be resolved it's super annoying 

0 Likes

They told me 3 weeks ago it was a technical issue when I submitted a ticket but no update or resolution. idk if others are experiencing this but as of today I'm still unable to use quick edit. I get the red banner error message.

2 Likes

we've had the same for about 3 weeks now as well. incredibly frustrating and time consuming as we're doing a massive restock.

1 Like

Absolutely still having the same issue-- definitely annoying.

1 Like

I'm having the same issue. After a few hours and 5 pages later... I have nothing. Lost it all. I saw the error message but in the past it was there but it still worked. I'm so mad!!!

0 Likes

I cannot change my listings since 3+ months. ‘Technical issue’. Yeah, sure. Another way to make more money.

0 Likes

Still having the same issue as well and it's been WEEKS. I can't believe they haven't been able to fix it??

2 Likes

I'm still experiencing this issue. It's been over a month. I don't understand why some of us cannot use it while others don't have this problem.

1 Like

I just used quick edit to change 20+ items from one section to another and it worked perfectly.  

I use only a pc.

0 Likes
KraftedAtelier
Inspiration Seeker

Have you found any resolution to this problem? I am a new store and having the EXACT same issue

0 Likes

I'm still experience this issue and it's been well over a month. 

0 Likes

I'm having this problem for the last 3 days!!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.