Decalszone
Inspiration Seeker

Pricing issues since "streamlined listing experience" was introduced!!

Is anyone else having issues with domestic v global pricing, since (I'm assuming) the new streamlined listing experience was introduced?

I have noticed that my UK and "everywhere else" price is now the same (yes, the box is still ticked to show domestic and global prices), I have not edited any and they are almost all now showing the same, so im losing out on product sold internationally!

But what is more odd, the summary page of all my listings shows the everywhere else price correctly. And even more bizarre, sometimes a sale will be correct and other times not! It stinks of a bug, so wondering if anyone else has been having similar issues.

I have contacted support but as usual they haven't responded yet!

Thanks 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
13 Replies

Re: Pricing issues since "streamlined listing experience" was introduced!!

I also believe the pricing issues are related to the new listing form, especially since I saw this quote from Etsy in their first quarter report for 2023.
"We’ll make it easier than ever to list items and will provide best practices on pricing strategies and discounting."

Since they started trialling the new listing "experience" we have seen multiple forum reports of
1. Everywhere else prices overwritten with domestic prices, as you mention.
2. Inflated prices in search and on shop pages. Fore every case I looked at the price was inflated by an even percentage amount of 19 - 25%.
3. US sellers seeing Everywhere else prices even though this feature is not available to them.

1 Like
Decalszone
Inspiration Seeker

Hey thanks for the info and update, very interesting.

Well I'm disappointed but not surprised Etsy has not replied to my query. As so many seem to say, the support is poor!

Thanks

1 Like

@Decalszone You're welcome. I gave up reporting problems to Etsy long ago. It was bad for my blood pressure.

2 Likes
Decalszone
Inspiration Seeker

0 Likes

Yes me too!! It has been charging my customers the wrong rate for who knows how long. I'm using the old listing format. I did talk to the help desk and they offered no explanation... just said that it looked like there was only 1 price on their side and told me to run some troubleshooting. I didn't bother. What fixed it for me is clicking off the global pricing thing and then clicking it, entering the amount again and save. Incredibly frustrating.. can't imagine how much money I've lost out on.

1 Like

The new "streamlined listing experience" just landed on my page, and (as usual) it's a terrible update .....why oh why can't they just leave it alone Every time they tinker, it leads to bugs and problems....

For now, I've switched back to the old method of listing and I hope to heaven the choice stays!

0 Likes

@TheClassicAcorn   Nope it won't.  Etsy will switch you back.  You switch again and they will switch you back.

They are claiming to be fixing a few issues but I'm still hesitant to use the new until they fix the photo area.  

0 Likes

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN.  

Good to know I can still use the old method... for now.  I'll have to figure out how to get it back. 

But I am pretty sure that they will eventually FORCE us to use the crappy new version.  

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT. 

0 Likes

I have that and I don't ship outside the US.  I have checked to make sure I am not mysteriously now shipping outside the US.  Everything seems okay.

It might be a cascade affect when they are doing one thing and it affects something else not intended. 

0 Likes

Yes, I am having exactly the same issue.

0 Likes
Decalszone
Inspiration Seeker

All hail eBay

Saying that and in fairness to Etsy they did offer me $0.68 compensation for all the order they got wrong that cost me circa $5 each

0 Likes
IrisAndLolli
Inspiration Seeker

Global pricing isn't working for me & it's just lost me £10 on an order! When you say about using the old listing way - how do I do this?

0 Likes
Decalszone
Inspiration Seeker

At the top of the page when you edit or create new there should be an option in a blue bar to choose "switch to old version"

Good luck

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.