TLCFloral
Inspiration Seeker

Previously sold item got relisted and sold again. Can I ship from another seller?

This really isn't a tech issue, but it is the only selection it is giving me.

Somehow one of my sold listing from last month was still listed and it sold again! I don't have it in stock, so can I find one from another seller and buy it and have them ship to my buyer (I would put their address in the "Ship to", or is that frowned upon? Should I ask my buyer first if it's OK or how would you proceed. I prefer not to get a ding with an out of stock, especially as I feel like this must be an Etsy glitch as there would be too many steps to accidentally have relisted it myself and I never have a quantity of two so couldn't be that either. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies

Re: Previously sold item got relisted and sold again. Can I ship from another seller?

I would not do that. Too complicated and something could go wrong. I would just apologize to my buyer, explain what happened, and cancel the order. And I would tell her where she can find another one. Send her some listings. And maybe give her a coupon code for a future purchase from your shop.

14 Likes

Re: Previously sold item got relisted and sold again. Can I ship from another seller?

I agree with @MoonstruckCottage  . I see you sell vintage so you would have no way of truly knowing the condition of the other item unless you had it in hand.

4 Likes

Yep. That's one of the things that could go wrong.

0 Likes

Just be honest with your customer and explain that this item had already sold but due to a technical issue on Etsy's part it was relisted for sale without your knowledge, cancel and refund and send them the links to the shop that has the same item and let it go.

5 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

you cannot give another seller.

your customers name and address.

it is against the privacy rules to share that!

6 Likes

I agree with the other posts, I wouldn't do this.

Besides condition, what if the item arrived damaged?

Just refund and cancel, explain you sold the one you had, and don't have another  in hand to ship, and are sorry for the glitch that caused the sold out listing to be renewed.

5 Likes
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

Self deleted.

0 Likes

I would cancel the order with an apology that a sold out item was listed in error. Do not send your buyer the same item from another seller. When their order is cancelled they’ll find another on their own. 

1 Like

No, I wouldn’t do that. Without being able to hold and see the item for yourself, how can you be sure it’s in the same condition as the one that ‘sold’? 

Apologize to the customer, and refund in full. Most customers will be understanding of things like this. It’s an honest mistake on someone’s part. 

0 Likes

Was it the Worcestershire Tea Pot? If so, then it si entirely possible that other Sellers have these

Why not just cancel and refund your Order, with a explanation that the item was incorrectly listed and no longer available, but you have found another? Then send the Buyer a link to the alternative item. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.