Policy violations and badges removed>???\

I keep having warnings of a policy violation however I am not notified at all what is a violation or when. I login to my dashboard and all it does is say post on the forum for technical issues. Why is there constant problems with this? why am I not even notified in email what the issue is so I can fix it.... I've never had issues for years now all of a sudden its constant.... 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Policy violations and badges removed>???\

Well, right off the bat it looks like half of the products in your shop are not Etsy legal.  The plant growth juice isn't handmade, vintage or craft supply. 

5 Likes

Agree. It's not hard to find out the plant growth juice is from a large company based in the UK, not handmade.

1 Like
NanaLetha
Community Maker

It's because you are a reseller. I found the same products with the same photos on Amazon and other web sites!

5 Likes

Including the company the actually makes it!

Resellers are not welcome or allowed on Etsy.

Handmade means handmade by YOU, not someone else.

If you own the company that makes this, specify that fact.

If you don't, you are blatantly lying by calling it handmade.

THIS is one of the many reasons Etsy is getting a really bad reputation.

6 Likes

Supplies for gardening cannot be found under craft supplies which is the only area where commercial supplies may be listed by sellers.

Looking under gardening I don't see any category for growing mediume.

Using the supplier which you are a distributor for is actually a misuse of the production partner.  That is for sellers to place their POD information  for items they design and craft that are then made by the POD in multiples.

Etsy expects sellers to read the Our House Rules.  They won't give specifics because that is considered giving business advice.  

There are other issues such as lack of shop policies for the EU/UK.  I'm not sure you can even distribute the items in your shop internationally without certificates or licenses. 

Etsy is under pressure to fix the site for having too many not following the rules so Etsy is cracking down even if the seller has been here for years. 

2 Likes

I see that you state you are a distributor.

Do you have a license from the company that actually makes this plant food permitting you to sell it?

I do not see one anywhere.

You do know that once Etsy shuts you down you may never open another shop, right?

I am so happy that Etsy is cracking down!!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.