Please: Pre-Transit update? Star Seller rating tanking

HI! Can we please get an update on Etsy's pre-transit shipping glitch? I ship on time, with tracking numbers, and Etsy still marks my items as "pre-transit." My Star Seller rating should be 100% but it's now in the low 80's bc of this known technical problem. And our customers are seeing pre-transit too, which hurts our reputation with them. It's been a week since the last update, and nothing seems to be fixed. How will Etsy adjust Star Sellers like me who are being penalized for this technical issue? Is there an ETA for the fix?

Thank you.

Kate

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
8 Likes
15 Replies
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

Re: Please: Pre-Transit update? Star Seller rating tanking

I think may wonder with you. Doubt Etsy knows since they have known about this for at least 2 weeks. Guess it is a complicated issue. 

If someone could think of solutions at Etsy they would freeze the program instead of letting all our ss rates go downhill. But they probably don't care. 

1 Like
ACertainFeel
Conversation Maker

I actually don’t think they will change Star Seller metrics retroactively. It’s up to us to update with Etsy Chat. Just not high on their priority list. Hope to be proved wrong though. 

0 Likes
hbhill
Conversation Maker

@ACertainFeel  Glad that using chat worked for you. I’ve contacted them three times giving them the order numbers needing fixing. Still no update. Their temporary fix didn’t work because all of my orders this week show no tracking on the star seller report, but show tracking on each order. Many of the orders on the USPS website show delivered. My star seller rating decreases every day. What a mess!

2 Likes
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

@ACertainFeel 

I've been a SS since the beginning and I have a chat button that never works and disappears all the time. I also do not have any option to get help via email for some reason lately. When I have an hour or two to waste on the phone I can try contacting them that way but many sellers have posted that even after contacting Etsy and being told that the problem will be corrected, it has not. Losing SS is not the biggest issue here, for people who have shipped many orders that have been delivered but still show "pre-transit", what stops Etsy bots from shutting down their shops? Albeit in error, an even bigger nightmare to deal with, just thinking out loud...

3 Likes

Very difficult to know how Etsy will respond, change or apply the new "fix", whenever they have one and/ or decide to apply, to our Star Seller stats.  We just have to wait and see.........it's really the pits!

2 Likes
CKSPaperDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

I would love for this to be fixed soon! It's hurting people's star seller status. I had 8 of mine fixed thru chat earlier this week and now have 20 more stuck in pre-transit. I do not have time to contact Etsy chat and give them all of these order numbers to be fixed.

0 Likes

Just FYI I had a big bunch of them fixed through chat and did NOT give them numbers. It’s as easy for them to see as it is for us. I just told the chat representative it was 12 orders and she fixed it. 

Of course now I have a bunch more but that’s another story. 

1 Like
Octopunx
Community Maker

I've given up on this actually getting fixed. My local Post Office is a total s***show so it might be delivered before the data from THEM gets updated. I had several packages that just never posted as received, even when the customer had received, worn, and reviewed the item. I've also had many items I received with the exact same issue. It sucks, because if someone unscrupulous decided to file a claim, how am I supposed to prove it was sent if USPS themselves doesn't ever acknowledge receipt?

0 Likes
TheHomespunLoft
Conversation Maker

I contact them a couple times a week via chat.. this has been going on for me since Mid Sept.. generally it rights itself in 2-3 days.. except this month-- nope.. Hence the need to chat. They always tell me- yes they know of the problem and will send it to their engineers and it does get fixed 2-3 days later.. but I should not have to keep doing chat to fix this.

Star Seller is so impt to them- the least they could do it make sure it works correctly. Yes- I know many say it has not affected them either way.. and I can't say it does affect my shop. BUT it now shows up in search filters.. and as long as they have it I want mine to be correct without me having to chase it down.

2 Likes
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

@TheHomespunLoft 

Yes, me too, I've had this bug occasionally for a long time too and it either fixes itself after a few days or I contact Etsy and it gets fixed. Now I have one delivered for a week still showing "pre-transit" and Etsy has cut off my chat/email options so nothing I can do but wait until the estimated delivery window closes to see what happens. I will lose my star status as I am not a big seller but worse things are happening to others who have lots of orders like this. I agree with you, I work hard to be a good seller and I deserve SS regardless if it make a difference or not. What a waste of energy and time...

1 Like
CloesCloset
Conversation Maker

Yep, I've never shipped an untracked order, and my star seller metric is dropping like a rock... way to go Etsy!  This is what happens when code is craft.

3 Likes

@CloversFinds the issue of chat not worker/disappearing may be your browser and/or add blocking software. I use Brave and when I click on the black chat icon it turns gray and I see faint wavy lines where the chat box should be. I have to switch to Chrome for the chat feature to work.

1 Like
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

@KnotOriginal 

Yes, that sounds like what is happening to me.

Thank you! I will see if I can open in a different browser.

1 Like

from what I can find on Etsy Help - star seller is set by shipping on time and tracking.  What if the package arrived but tracking wasn't updated ? Does star seller depend on whether it shows delivered? or only if you shipped on time?

0 Likes

Following the old fashioned way because I'm stuck in the middle of this mess.     Chat support won't adjust the status because it isn't sticking.   

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.