CreationsOnLane
Inspiration Seeker

Plaid Verification

Hi! I am having ALOT of issues with verifying my checking account through plaid. Before trying to go through the process I had a small balance of $9.00 that needed to be transferred into my checking. I also updated my government ID. Every time I enter my checking account number it tells me that it is not accurate. I have typed it the same as it is on my bank statement and even called my bank to verify. I have taken the zeros away and added some and then not all, it still does not work! In the meantime my $9 balance was added to my checking account. I also do not have an option to verify my account manually! I have emailed etsy 3 times and received a generic email back that was no help at all! I now have 2 days left and my shop will be closed. They put it in vacation mode now.  I dont know what else to. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Plaid Verification

Everyone has both instant and manual options.

0 Likes

@CreationsOnLane: Every eMail from Etsy support will have a link something like "I Still Need Help". Click on that link in each reply from Etsy (or actually reply stating that you still need help) to keep the report alive. You may have to do this innumerable times, before anything is done but do not give up. DO NOT open a new issue or contact Etsy multiple times about the same issue (doing so closes the one you already opened and puts the new one on the bottom of the pile).

Often the first response you get from customer support is an automated reply meant to weed out the people who contact support over common issues that can be easily solved.

There are quite a few threads about issues with Plaid, and with a little searching you may find one that provides you with some suggestions more appropriate to your bank.

0 Likes

you don't get the manual option, until the account number you enter, matches the one on file

so you haven't got that far yet

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

@CreationsOne2one  There's many threads in the forums on this. You may want to do a search. 

Makes sure the name on your bank account matches the name or business entity you have entered on your Legal and Tax Information page.

For a call from Etsy on the weekdays you can go through your Shop Manager>Community & Help>Contact Us>Selling on Etsy>Deposits>I Still Need Help>... Call backs are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. eastern time.

0 Likes
CreationsOnLane
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you!!! I appreciate your help!

Unfortunately every time I click still need help it brings me to their email. 

0 Likes
hbhill
Conversation Maker

Unfortunately the verification process has not been consistent. What works for one seller may not work for another seller. The following forum thread has lots of tips and possible work-arounds. Hopefully, you will be able figure out what works for you. 

https://community.etsy.com/t5/All-Things-Finance/Updated-Plaid-info/td-p/139479440

0 Likes
KYBECK
Post Crafter

I’m dealing with somewhat the same issue. Etsy keeps telling me I have until the 5th to verify with plaid of my account will be suspended. But they won’t reply to any emails and help me. I reached out to plaid but they couldn’t help me. 
etsy sent a verification code with the deposit to an account that isn’t mine, some random account. So I can’t verify. 
also, the update button in payment account is not there so I can’t even update my bank info to try to reset it maybe. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.