Photos no loading on new App

Someone Please help me.  Since the new app started I have not been able to consistently make drafts.  I usually draft 20 or more items per day. I sell Vintage clothing and Accessories.    Loading photos from my Android phone is a nighmare.  I have contacted etsy support numerous times with no real answer or help.  "It must be your phone" Blah Blah Blah.  I beg someone to please tell me how I an list on my phone.

I never ever had a problem with the old app and I have no idea why they changed it.  I'm losing money and so are they if I cannot list.

I don't want to have to take photos then download them on my computer then upload to etsy.  That is way to many steps.  I enjoy drafting my listing while watching TV at night.

HELP

Danna Bell 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
15 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Photos no loading on new App

If you can't upload photos using the app, then use a browser instead from your phone.

0 Likes

I appreciate that answer.  But I just tried that and photos just keep circling.  Never Loading.  I am wasting so much time.  I might have to change where I sell after having used ETSY for 12 Years.

Pulling my hair out over here.

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Try resetting your modem 

0 Likes

We have done that too. 

Thank you.

0 Likes
SVGRox
Conversation Maker

Use the feedback on the app to complain about it, it needs a new app to be rolled out again

0 Likes

Believe me. I Have used every resource possible to inquire request and complain.   I love selling on Etsy, but I am feeling defeated and the joy of listing and processing is dwindling .

but Thank you.

0 Likes

I don't use the phone app to list so I can't help you with that.  But I know that when other apps start to get fussy on my phone I delete the app and then do a new download.  Have you tried that?

0 Likes

Hi.  Thank you for responding.  I have tried it.  I just tried it again and it still will not load.  Just says Sorry problem Loading if this continues contact etsy support.  I have and no help.

Danna

0 Likes

Just a thought.  Instead of creating a draft do this test.  Copy an existing listing, delete the photos from it and see if you can upload any photos to the duplicate listing.

0 Likes

The only other thing I can think of is this.  Can you load your photos to One Drive and then create a draft and pull in the photos from One Drive?

0 Likes

I am with you on the frustration! I miss my old listing routine, have not listed a fraction of what I was doing pre- "new app."

For your photos, I had same issue.

Have you tried resetting image/ photo size on your phone / camera.  My phone settings were set for large files (not sure how it worked before, I had never touched the settings??) BUT once I reset, photos are uploading much faster.  

0 Likes

Thank you...

What did you set them at?

I have no problem uploading photos on my other selling apps. So it has to be the New APP.  I am wasting so much time.

0 Likes

I have Android, when I open my camera, I selected the 4:3 / 3:4. It WAS at a different setting at the time, I had never adjusted it. I agree, it was not a problem with the old etsy app or any other online selling apps. JUST this new app.

0 Likes

I too have this problem and have been communicating with Etsy for months.  I want to take and load the photos using my phone.  Like you, I have tried everything.  I’m so discouraged 

0 Likes

OP, I use a Samsung Android phone to make and edit listings on Etsy. Here are my suggestions. Using your phone's camera, take the photos you plan to use. They should save in Gallery on the phone. Then open the phone Etsy app and start a listing. You may need to load each photo separately. Work on the remainder of the listing and then check back to see if all photos have listed. It takes me about 30 minutes for one listing this method.

The other method has been suggested: copy a previous listing, delete the photos, and then add your new photos. Edit the listing. This method is quicker.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.