Photos linked to variations

Hi Is anyone else having the issue of photos unlinking themselves from variations?
I have 3 different color water bottles photos linked but the last few have come thru with the main image on instead of the variation photo I have linked.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
14 Replies

Re: Photos linked to variations

Hi,

I haven't had that problem exactly, but editing variations is a nightmare... including linking photos. I've been reporting the problem through the feedback button, but I'm afraid nobody reads that. 

Many sellers saying there's trouble with photos sizes. 

All since the old app is gone. 

0 Likes

I did not encounter such a software error. but there are many different software errors on etsy.

0 Likes

@SweetCarolineCardsUK: There have been quite a few posts in the past about issues with variations' photos. Apparently that issue has not been resolved yet.

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

I've seen previous posts regarding this issue. It seems that the photos become unlinked when the listing is renewed/relisted. It's a known issue going back several years but Etsy don't seem to care about fixing it.

0 Likes

Yes I think I have worked out its when I add more items to my listing.  I miss the old app as its only happened since using the new one.  Thanks for your responses x

2 Likes

This happens if I edit multiple items at a time, however if I edit one listing at a time, my photos stay linked to my variations.

1 Like

Yes! Having this problem, but also now can’t seem to work out how to re link them in the new app? Can anyone help? 

1 Like

Click on manage variations, then the variation you want to link. There will be a button to link photos. Enable it and link. The problem is that as soon as someone purchases an item, the links all disappear and the button is again disabled. I link mine to colour choices, so now I put text in each colour photo choice so that the customer knows which is which.

0 Likes
Arcalliq
Community Maker

I have been having this issue for years now. I now tend to get the variation name on the pictures themselves.

0 Likes

My photos are unlinking themselves from variations, which is really annoying.  Anyone manage to stop this happening?

1 Like
Gal2022
Inspiration Seeker

It happened to me today just affecting editing all prices… now I have to go through every 700 items and associate the pictures again. 

1 Like
GoldenAgeFineArt
Inspiration Seeker

I also have this same issue and it seems a fix for this repeated unlinking should be a high priority for Etsy.  Print sellers are very dependent on showing exact crops to customers.

0 Likes

Yes, I have that issue too. Every time I have one sale in that item, all the photos unlink. It's very frustrating. I have written the colour name in each photo so that the customer knows which colour is which, but a visual when they are choosing options would be much easier for them.

1 Like

I'm having this problem too, I thought it was since using Etsy Integration app but now I'm not sure. I only realised recently and wondered why my sales had dropped off massively - customers don't know which colour they are choosing! Etsy please fix this asap.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.