trackerjax
Inspiration Seeker

Photos Too Large?

Does anyone else use an IPHONE to take photos of their items ??????????  I always did, but NOW, they will not upload:  too large.  I have spent 3 days trying to REDUCE, with tips from Apple, new software that "reduces and/or compresses....etc etc.......All this takes time and is confusing and cost money for the programs (yes I tried the "FREE" software)

This is MADDENING.  I spoke to 3 Etsy reps. NOT ONE COULD help.  They didn't even know what I was talking about.  I don't mind cropping, but why won't they upload?   My CANON sureshot SX160 was my GO-TO camera, but even with reduced size on camera itself, they still will not upload (still too large)  this is ridiculous... taking WAY too much time.  I'm going to have to switch back to EBAY.  Sooooooooooo disgusted.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
5 Replies
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Re: Photos Too Large?

Download IrfanView, it's free, under the image tab click on resize/resample and you can make your pictures larger or smaller, any size you want.

0 Likes

How big are those files - in pixels and/or MB? And is it .png or .jpg...?

0 Likes
KineticLace
Inspiration Seeker

See my response below. I’m having the same issues.

0 Likes
KineticLace
Inspiration Seeker

I am having the same problem. Yes, super aggravating! I read Etsy’s troubleshooting page and according to them if the file is over 300k it may not upload. Some of my pics from my iPhone are over 5 MB! I don’t have this issue on any other selling platform. I tested to see if size was the issue by pulling them into Photoshop and reduced them down starting at 300k and worked up to 1.7 MB 1500x1500 at 72px resolution and it uploaded. Over that it timed out. It never timed out on my phone so I have no idea. But yeah, super frustrating. Am I supposed to pull photos into photoshop in order to list on Etsy? It’s time consuming and literally impossible for some people who don’t have the knowledge of how to do that. 

1 Like
DMSPottery
Inspiration Seeker

Resizing each photo is taking so much time.  I didn't have this problem last year with Etsy.  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.