Whats going on with all the photos being cropped? Is etsy sorting this out?

Re: Photos Cropped

Same here...

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
6 Likes
MyProvence
Inspiration Seeker

Photos are poorly cropped
The photos are part of the description and are a major asset for the sale.
The fact that the photos are cut does not show the object in its entirety and strongly devalues it.
Is there a solution?

2 Likes

Mine are all cropped wrong as well. I was changing some, but if this gets fixed the ones I fix will be wrong. Ugh

8 Likes

@LeVintageGalleria Please check a couple of your images in search before making more changes. My thumbnails look correct in the search results. They are only narrower in my shop.

6 Likes

It looks like they are going to a 1x1 ratio, and I notice on mobile the products are 2 wide, rather than 1 which I have seen in the past.  I was doing a 4:3 image because they have that as an option, I hope this isn't permanent, but they never tell us anything.

6 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Same here.

sigh...

4 Likes

I noticed this too, when I'm using Firefox, but if I use Chrome as a browser it still looks normal. I hope they don't go with the 1x1 ratio.

3 Likes
9ElizabethStreet
Conversation Maker

Everything I would like to say about this wouldn't make it past the censors. Insert string of profanity here.

13 Likes
VentyHintage
Inspiration Seeker

I hope they are sorting it - site looks insane!

3 Likes

I have been in contact with tech support, there is a term now looking into the proble, they said it may take some time but they will email me when they know more, and I will post an update when info gets to me.

8 Likes
kimbakerstudios
Inspiration Seeker

I hope so too. Both my sites, my vintage site and my photography site look terrible. 

I saw a post that says this is not a glitch, but the new format. I hope their information is bad. 

I do not have photos saved to just reformat and repost.

I would literally have to re-photograph every item in my vintage shop (over 450 listings) and spend days re-editing my photography listings. 

3 Likes

Thanks for updating us! Appreciate it!

0 Likes

Weirdly it is normal on Chrome on my phone, even in desktop mode/view. But on my PC on chrome it has the 1x1 square images. Please I hope this isn't permanent. I will have to re-crop all my main pictures if it is. At lease give us the choice Etsy if this isn't a glitch? Let the people who want 4:3 have it and let the people who want squares have squares?!

5 Likes

I guess I am in the test too. But my already square photos are larger and cover up the prices. Hope this is resolved soon.

5 Likes

Ok, so I'm in the same boat and when I go to your shop on my computer I see the same problem you see, but on my husband's computer your shop and mine look just fine on several different browsers. Odd.

3 Likes
kimbakerstudios
Inspiration Seeker

This (crop) looks terrible. Every listing on my shop looks bad and will have to be redone. If this is a new format, they should tell us so we can try to correct and if it an error on their part they should let people know so they don't make changes. 

4 Likes

Exactly! They are ALWAYS tinkering around and fixing things that are not broken.  My shop looked fine yesterday morning now all of my photos are cropped, enlarged etc! I contacted support and they said my photos looked normal to them.  Ugh.

3 Likes

Is that why my shop looks crazy this morning? The photos are half covering the prices and "free shipping", etc... Please tell me this is a glitch.

1 Like

I just tried clearing my cookies / cache thing on Chrome and that's fixed the issue for me! Pictures have gone back to normal.

3 Likes

I've just tried that, mine have stayed cropped

0 Likes

Did you try clearing it for longer than the past 24 hours? I cleared it for the past 7 days and that seemed to solve it.

0 Likes
WPshoppe
Crafty Poster

@CoastalShadesUK I did the same yesterday when I first noticed it. Solved the problem for me as well. I cleared all history, cookies / cache. Then restarted. No more problems. I thought it was just my computer running non-stop for days. Shoulda known it was a tech problem as well, on Etsy's part.

0 Likes

I cleared my cache as well and now my shop photos look like they are back to normal.

However,have you checked the Etsy buyers app?  My photos are still cropped there -and it looks like a 2 year old took my photos.  

0 Likes

Same I  updated chrome and microsoft edge and cleared the caches/cookies/history no change on either one. Its weird it looks normal on my phone just not on my laptop and its only when you go to my shop, listings found in search are showing correctly.

0 Likes

I'm noticing this in my shop too, just now.  I'm so sick of Etsy doing stuff like this.  This is ridiculous.

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.