HandinHandstory
Inspiration Seeker

Personal/business account

Hi everyone,

I am a business entity registered in my country (as freelancer).

I have a hold on my deposits since the first time opened my shop, it is new, opened in january 2024 with only 2 sales so far.

I have a pending verification on my account for the name. So: 

-legal name: Vieru Andreea Persoana Fizica Autorizata

- bank name: the same (as I understand it needs to be the same)

- personal name: Vieru Andreea

Alreadt submitted both personal ID and business documents several times.

And Etsy is at the 4th email telling me the same robotic message: 

For compliance purposes, we need a person/individual’s name on the account. To edit this to a personal name, we suggest the following:

Please visit this page, and update your name details, making sure that all changes are saved.

So, what am I missing?? how to change the account (which one:business, bank?) into a personal one if I need to be registered as business to sell? It is mandatory in my country to be a business to sell. And if I change it it will be different than the bank account…

can anyone guide me in what I am doing wrong? 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Personal/business account

It's best to contact Etsy support and ask them for guidance. If it's an error from their end, they're the only ones that are able to help. 

1 Like
HandinHandstory
Inspiration Seeker

I have and they are giving me the same email over and over with the above mentioned answer :(( 

0 Likes

@HandinHandstory: "... and they are giving me the same email over and over ..." Often the first response you get from customer support is an automated reply meant to weed out the people who contact support over common issues that can be easily solved.

Every eMail from Etsy support should have a link something like "I Still Need Help". Click on that link in each reply from Etsy (or actually reply stating that you still need help) to keep the report alive otherwise Etsy will assume that it is resolved. You may have to do this innumerable times, before anything is done but do not give up. DO NOT open a new issue or contact Etsy multiple times about the same issue (doing so appears to close the one you already opened and puts the new one on the bottom of the pile).

0 Likes

Everything has to match up with the name you entered when you registered.   Does your personal ID have your name exactly as the name you used to sign up?

How to Verify Your Seller Information for Etsy Payments – Etsy

0 Likes
HandinHandstory
Inspiration Seeker

1.Account Name - personal/individual name (my own)

2.legal name: business name 

3.bank account:on legal business name

so, my understanding was that point 2 and 3 must match.

now they are telling me that the name of account must be an individual not business.

gooooddd!!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.