PLAID bank verification saying "wrong bank number" but it is correct

I am trying to verify via PLAID like Etsy wants, I checked the numbers several times and they are correct. 

The account is the right account, numbers are right yet I am getting an Error message saying the numbers do not match.

I just got a deposit today via Etsy so I know it is linked, is this a bug?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
14 Replies

Re: PLAID bank verification saying "wrong bank number" but it is correct

I even added the "0000" in front, I copied, i pasted, I wrote the numbers. I tried on the app, I tried on the web.

2 Likes
ExtremeCreation
Conversation Maker

I had the same issue. Had the same account for over 8 years and it stated it did not match what was on file. I then did verification manually instead by receiving 2 small deposits and verified the amounts and now I'm good to go however,  I now have to 5 business days to have available funds sent to my bank account. 

2 Likes

My issue with manual is that it still gives me the same popup "enter your account number ending in xxxx"

and then it says incorrect.

4 Likes
ExtremeCreation
Conversation Maker

@CheerfullyGifted I used what was on my checks and worked for me. Hope this helps.

I also read in another post that a gentleman requested a call from Etsy to have his bank info deleted so that he could enter it I think manually and it then worked for him.

3 Likes

Thanks, I'll try that!

1 Like

@ExtremeCreation  , I did it manually too but I got my deposits the next day.

1 Like

Some people have played around with the zeroes - even removing some at the beginning (or adding them!) - there does not seem to be any sense to it - look at the last posts from today in this thread -

https://community.etsy.com/t5/All-Things-Finance/Updated-Plaid-info/m-p/139479440#M281564

The thing that makes sense to do, and what I plan to try when my time comes - is to look at a bank statement of your account, and use that number, not just what is on a check or deposit slip.

3 Likes
PinkTreeDesign
Inspiration Seeker

I looked at my bank account statement and found the amount of zeros I needed to make it work. Good luck everyone!

0 Likes

upadte I contacted support and they helped me, they told me the amount of numbers I had (a lot) and told me to put 0s before to get the correct character amount.

2 Likes
RedfoxArmory
Inspiration Seeker

i know my bank account number, been "verified" for years, plaid keeps sending the error 

"The account number you entered doesn’t match what we have on file."  ive tried all the tricks including playing with zeros and none of it works. etsy contacted me and basically told me to turn off adblock and clear my cache, as if that would help.  i have never had issues till i have to use plaid. a broken system that literally wont let me enter in the proper information

0 Likes

I’m having the same issue. I cannot get a match even though I had this bank account since I started here. 
Did support give you the amount of numbers you had through email or phone?

1 Like

@FineThreads   Yes, I’d also like to know how many digits as I am planning to try tomorrow.

0 Likes

I am having the same issue! My problem is that Etsy says account ending in "028" and my account has NEVER ended with "028"! I have sent an email through Esty help, got a form letter that did not address my issue, sent another asking them to call me, got nothing back, sent another email reminding them that I am still in need of help and put my phone number higher up in the body -- just in case they don't read all the way down. Still no response! 

It has been 6 days, I really want to not have to worry about this at the last minute! Oh, I have tried to use all sorts of different ways to put my number in and called my bank to verify that the account number I have been using for over 10 years with Etsy doesn't have a secondary number, (it doesn't).

Very frustrated!

0 Likes

@Sparklesalot2  :  DO NOT open a new issue or contact Etsy multiple times about the same issue (doing so closes the one you already opened and puts the new one on the bottom of the pile). Every eMail from Etsy support will have a link something like "I Still Need Help". Click on that link (or actually reply stating that you still need help) to keep the report alive. You may have to do this innumerable times, but once on each Etsy reply before anything is done but do not give up.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.