Order not showing in my shop, buyer has a screenshot of the order, how do I contact Etsy directly?

Jump to solution

I have searched the forums on this, but most of the messages are now archived.

I have a lovely lady asking about an order, but it doesn't appear in my shop system at all. I've never had that before!  

She has an order number which doesn't appear anywhere, and a screenshot of the order as placed.

I cannot work out how to contact Etsy directly, the help system sends me round in circles.  There must be some humans in the system who deal with such things?

How can I find her order and get on with fulfilling it? I hate letting customers down!

Thanks in advance for any advice ☺️ 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Order not showing in my shop, buyer has a screenshot of the order, how do I contact Etsy directl

Jump to solution

Thank you all for all of your help.  I used the chat link, and within 5 minutes we had established that the customer had indeed tried to place the order, but the transaction had failed.  I will go back to her now and see if she still wants the item.

Phew.  Instinctively I wanted to make sure that I wasn't letting the client down, so I'm glad I checked!

View solution in original post

2 Likes
26 Replies

Re: Order not showing in my shop, buyer has a screenshot of the order, how do I contact Etsy directl

Jump to solution

@RamleyPress 

If you do not have an order showing on your order page nor the order # isn't right, then there's NO order.
If you do not have the funds showing on your payment page, then there's no order.

Do not mail this person the item.
Tell them you do not show an order for this, the order # is not correct and you have NO payment from her.
If they keep saying they do, tell them to contact Etsy through the HELP pages because you can't help them.

Seems lately this is another scam to hopefully get sellers to go ahead and mail whatever item this person supposedly bought.
Screenshots, order #'s can be faked.

You can contact Etsy through the HELP pages community/help > contact us on your shop manager page.

You can try this call back link.
It might work and it might not. But the people that answer are NOT Etsy's employees.

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling#issue_sell_manage_listings-callback

ETA: It could be it was a fraudulent purchase and it got declined before ever showing up in your shop.

20 Likes
MadRubysVintage
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I have a similar situation, a buyer sent transaction number for an item she "bought" that I do not have or ever had. I cannot contact etsy about this- very frustrating- the "contact us" page goes nowhere. How do you get to chat?   PLEASE, someone help me!!!!!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you for the prompt response!

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Some buyer don't understand that Etsy is comprised of many shops. They may have bought from another shop.

3 Likes
thePaperFramer
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Scam..............Run.................Scam

3 Likes
CollectorsFinds2
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Look in your completed orders.  If it was a real order it should show as cancelled.

2 Likes
VeganMagickDust
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Having same issue,  sale came thru in my shippo about 20 minutes ago but not showing in email or etsy. Not sure what's going on. Just says payment pending

1 Like

Jump to solution

Payment pending means the payment is still processing. It might go through, or it might fail. Until it says Paid, there is no order. 

2 Likes
CollectorsFinds2
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@VeganMagickDust  Payment Pending means the buyers payment is still being processed. If it doesn't go through - bad credit card, not enough money in account, etc) Etsy will cancel the order.

DO NOT ship until the order is marked ready to ship!   And then I'd wait 24-48 before shipping to be safe.

7 Likes
VeganMagickDust
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thank you! Still hasn't come thru

1 Like
thePaperFramer
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

In the case for the OP, she hasn't said it shows as pending but that it doesn't show at all.

2 Likes
VeganMagickDust
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Right,  nothing shows as a sale in etsy or my email just pending in shippo,  it's weird 

0 Likes
ManAndStone
Community Maker

Jump to solution

There was a glitch a week or so ago where some orders disappeared. Here is the US i was able to get a call back from customer service. Tech support became aware of the situation as more sellers began to call in. So the starting working on fixing the problem.

Not sure if that was the same issue that you are dealing with but incase is is...the phone rep was able to help me by having me go to the email i received for the order and click the link. That worked. As we were on the phone several more orders disappeared and she resent me the email with the order for convenience and click all the links restored the orders.

You might try checking you email to see if you ever received an email. Order are searchable by transaction numbers #1234567.

Otherwise perhaps see the customer would be willing to call Etsy as she may have a better chance of actually speaking with someone. Thinking shoppers have a number to call, but im not 100% on that.

Good luck! 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you all for all of your responses.  No it never appeared in my emails, or in my completed orders.  The #number doesn't show up anywhere, and it wasn't waiting for a pending payment.  The customer had a screenshot of my item and an order number.

Initially I asked them to supply me with their email address, thinking I could track it through Etsy that way.  When I was unable to reach anyone (and I would point out, they never did supply me with their address), I went back and suggested that the most sensible way to proceed was for them to raise it as a case with Etsy, and to raise a change to their order, which I instinctively felt would mean that the algorithm would be likely to forward me any details of the order, and their personalisation.  To date that has not come through, so either it is - as many have suggested - a scam, or I have about another 24 hours for that process to kick-in (given that it asks for 48 hours grace).

I'm still baffled about the screenshot of the order - of course it could have been Photoshopped (I'm fully qualified in PS), but if one had the skill set to do that, they could just have easily screenshot part of the design of my card, and typed in their own personalisation.  It's not exactly a high-end item 🤷🏻‍

But, again as others have said, I'm not going to send out an item for free. We make so very little on each item that it really isn't practical to give away items.

I will let it go for another 18 hours or so, to see if the 48 hours has been reached, and then shut this down as a potential scam.

Honestly, how depressing though, we try so hard to look after our customers!

Thanks for all your feedback ☺️ 

4 Likes

Jump to solution

One other thing - which of course doesn't prove a thing - when I clicked on the customer's 'profile', they had no pictures, nothing favourited, and nothing saved. 🤷🏻‍

1 Like

Jump to solution
Are they from the Netherlands? Did they pay with iDEAL? This problem (their payment goes through but order not showing up on your end) comes up from time to time if buyers don't follow the steps to pay from their bank and then return to Etsy's site to complete the transaction.
They will receive a refund in their bank account within 5 business days.

This help center page explains more about it: 

If this isn't the case (foreign customer paying with iDEAL) then it could be a scammer for sure.  
1 Like

Jump to solution

No, I don't offer items outside of the UK, but thank you - good to know!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

since it became difficult to find the links for help, i’ve collected links where sellers mentioned they found help options.  i hope one of these will work for you:

here is the link to the “how to contact support” from the seller’s handbook.

here is a link to initiate chat or email.

here is the link to request a callback.

or try this link or this link to email them.

if you do email them you *should* get an automated reply and once you do, you must reply to that email above the line of asterisks that their automated best guess solutions did not work. all you have to say is something like “i still need help” send the reply, and it should stay active.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for these - great help!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Your links proved invaluable, I used the second one to initiate a chat, and within 5 minutes we had established that the customer had indeed tried to place the order, but the transaction had failed.  I will go back to her now and see if she still wants the item.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I've had this recently, where a customer says she has made an order and paid for it, but I haven't received the order or payment. I told her only Etsy could sort it out, and sent her a link to Etsy Help.

No idea whether she is genuine or not.

1 Like
DareToBeVintage
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

It showed yesterday I had a sale on my Etsy phone app it popped up as a notification. Then I opened my phone and there was nothing showing. Just orders and my email but nothing.  Also, someone emailed me I replied back and it looks like she emailed me back (it showed on my Etsy phone app) but when I opened my phone there was nothing no reply? Are these possibly fraudulent users and a scam. I have never had that happen to me. If it was a sale I don't want to neglect but there is no email to back it up or order pending. Anyone else? 

1 Like

Jump to solution

That sounds similar, but I didn't receive any sort of notification - the person initiated an email claiming there was an order 🤷🏻‍

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I would direct your customer to contact Etsy themselves by giving them the customer service links. They might get a quicker response and if the transaction was cancelled by the payment processor then Etsy will let them know.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.