Order missing tracking info

I have an order displaying that is is missing tracking info. However the shipping was purchased through Etsy and the order shows the tracking number. Please correct this error as it is impacting my Star Seller eligibility.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Order missing tracking info

How long ago did you buy the label?

1 Like

It is for an order that shipped on April 2nd.

1 Like
ReImagineBrewing
Conversation Maker

Etsy just did something because tracking numbers are not showing up when a seller opens a customer's order. This is really annoying. I don't know where to locate the tracking now for any orders that I've shipped.

1 Like

@3DEverythingGifts: First, you need to check the applicable CSV file on your Star Seller page to confirm what Etsy thinks is late or otherwise has something wrong with it. In particular make sure that *Had processing time?* = yes, *Ship by* has a date, *Tracking/label date* has a date, and *Shipped on time?* = yes. Remember that Star Seller dates / times are in UTC not your time zone.

What happens if you click on the tracking number link on the actual order that shows no tracking? If it opens the courier's tracking page and shows the scan history then you have proof that the tracking information was entered correctly. In that case you should pursue it with Etsy.

"Please correct this error as it is impacting my Star Seller eligibility." Just so you know, even if Etsy Support or the Help Pages sent you here this is a seller peer to peer forum, and should not be considered a way to contact Etsy, if that is your hope (although Etsy does sometimes read and reply to posts).

1 Like

Yes all of that information is present and it shows all the tracking on the order when clicking on the tracking number.

1 Like

@3DEverythingGifts  - The forums are peer to peer. Etsy does not read the posts about issues or respond to them.

Next, do know you are not alone. There are other threads in the forums where shops in the US are purchasing Etsy labels, but the tracking number is for some reason not "registering" correctly.

You're a Star Seller so should have access to Chat. However often the best they can do is pass your issue up the chain of command. It might be best to contact them tomorrow during "business hours" or you could try Chat today. Then there is always email.

However, I'll suggest you not stress the Star Seller program in chat &/or an emailed help ticket. Consider making the point of the help ticket the fact that you purchased an Etsy label & that the "automatic completion of the order feature" did not properly transfer all the necessary data for the order. 
It's said that there are so many help tickets on the Star Program (for various problems - many self-inflicted by the shop owners) that the mere mention of the Star can change the tone of how a legit problem is handled. 

1 Like

Did you ship within your processing time frame?  Did USPS accept the package?  That is important for the US.

1 Like

@JDTotesnDolls  - USPS accepting (scanning a package as in their hands) the package is not a requirement for the order to qualify for star seller.
For US shops shipping on time & all orders having tracking are the requirements.

If Etsy ever instituted a "scan" requirement there would be an uproar since even USPS' on their website admits they can encounter technical difficulties & scans do not properly upload. 

2 Likes

This is an ongoing issue with some orders that very clearly do have tracking but there's some glitch. I have a somewhat long saga with an order I shipped two days ago where it's saying overdue, ship by 2 days ago, but right underneath that it SAYS shipped on Apr 19th. It's also still in my New orders area and has not been moved to completed orders. I did contact support through chat and it's still not resolved, even though they said they're working on it.

A few minutes ago, just out of curiosity, I clicked on "Complete order" again to see what's going on.

It's saying, "This order doesn't have tracking," when the tracking number is very clearly entered on the order page.

I put the tracking number in AGAIN...

"Complete order" button opens up, AGAIN...

I click on it...

I swear, you can't make this up, In red I have this message:

"The tracking number is already in use for this order."

Yet when I go back to my "Orders &Shipping" page it's still showing OVERDUE and that I was supposed to Ship by 2 days ago.

I said it on another thread, I'm in the Twilight Zone, the corn maze from hell, and I don't know what to do.

I checked the tracking and it's already on its way out of Arizona, but here in the Twilight Zone it says I'm overdue.

I can't wait till the end of the month when it says that I've lost my Star Seller status for shipping late.

3 Likes
ReImagineBrewing
Conversation Maker

Etsy has some bug or is doing a text. You can't locate the tracking numbers. You just see "In Transit", "Delivered" etc. I don't think this will impact "star seller" if you shipped the item on time. However, finding the tracking information might be difficult. I bet if you print another packing slip it will be on there. However, we need to be able to see this in our orders too.

This is what happens when Etsy doesn't consult or work with sellers when making updates or doing tests. We lose the ability to use functionality we need to run our business.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.