MapsMoreStudio
Inspiration Seeker

Order information not showing in some conversations?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I hope everyone is doing well.

I am not sure if this is Etsy's issue or an issue on my end. When browsing some conversations from customers, the order information (on the right side) is not visible, it's just a blank space. Is anyone else having this problem? This is not a big deal for me, however, I believe if you have a lot of orders and messages this would become a problem. I've added a screenshot of the Missing order information

(I've hidden the message content of course)

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Order information not showing in some conversations?

Jump to solution

Hello there,

After checking the screenshot you've provided, it appears that the conversation is from a guest buyer. As of the moment, the Messages side menu will not display if you're conversing with a guest buyer. We will take this as feedback and will be sharing it with the team to consider for a future update. Please know we take comments from the community to heart, and we make many changes to the site based on what we hear.

Thank you very much!

View solution in original post

2 Likes
6 Replies
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

My Shop is on Vacation.  But Etsy has been "bundling" Messages so Conversations from one Customer are all together.  This is supposed to make it easier on Sellers.  I have seen Sellers post that their Message is latching onto an OLD Message (rather than a current one).  If you look at the Admin Announcement which is on the Forum now, you'll see that it says they won't begin bundling Messages which are prior to June 30.  But some are finding their Messages do latch onto those which are later than than that date. 

0 Likes
michellepatterns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I'm not having this problem, but it is probably a bug due to the recent changes etsy made to convos. 

There wasn't really anything wrong with the way convos worked before, so I personally wish they would have left them alone.  The people upset about losing their Star Seller badge when they didn't follow the guidelines could have just learned from their mistakes.  

1 Like

Jump to solution

Guest orders are not linked to buyers. I just discovered this when trying to pull up repeat purchases. I knew this buyer had ordered more from me, but that was before they created an account. I had to search their name in my completed orders to find all purchases.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

If they had just rolled out that new blue banner and left the rest of messaging alone, then I think almost everyone would have been happier.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello there,

After checking the screenshot you've provided, it appears that the conversation is from a guest buyer. As of the moment, the Messages side menu will not display if you're conversing with a guest buyer. We will take this as feedback and will be sharing it with the team to consider for a future update. Please know we take comments from the community to heart, and we make many changes to the site based on what we hear.

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I am hoping this will not be a permanent situation.  It is very frustrating not to have a conversation link to its associated order, guest or not.

Thank you

Andrea

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.