Old orders not being cleared

Jump to solution

Hello! I’m opened my Etsy shop ages ago (I wanna say 2007-8?) and posted/sold things sporadically. I sold about 7 things in those very early days, before you could purchase shipping and tracking through Etsy, and because of my lack of know how, I never got around to marking the items as shipped (even though they were). Fast forward many years later, and I start to sell things in earnest. Unfortunately, my previous sales from the early days are never cleared, and after asking Etsy support, I’m told the only way to do that is to have the order number, and even then they say it’s too old, and won’t clear it. I feel like this has negatively effected my shop (I’m not a Star Seller, snd might not ever be because of this glitch), and I’m stuck in no man’s land, unable to either complete or clear the order. I’d love any help or insight!! Thanks so much! 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Old orders not being cleared

Jump to solution

Hello @KathrynTussingArt,

Please note that when marking an order as complete, a shipping notification email will be sent to your buyer. For old orders, we can definitely assist you in removing them on your open orders without sending an email shipping notification to your buyer. However, for security purposes, you'll need to contact us directly. You can contact us through this link.

Thank you very much!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Jump to solution

You can find the orders and click  the icon gear to the right and select Completed. That will move them out of your Processing orders. But tracking numbers are only valid for 120 days, so if that time is past, there is no way to enter the tracking numbers and have them validate. For Star Seller, it only counts orders in the last 90 days.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Nothing that old is going to have any effect on your shop. Etsy search, star seller, even feedback rating is based on current data.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello @KathrynTussingArt,

Please note that when marking an order as complete, a shipping notification email will be sent to your buyer. For old orders, we can definitely assist you in removing them on your open orders without sending an email shipping notification to your buyer. However, for security purposes, you'll need to contact us directly. You can contact us through this link.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.