Oh, I do not like this at all!

Jump to solution

I was in Etsy this morning - as a shopper.  Half of the listings I clicked on would absolutely not allow me to see the secondary thumbnails, no matter how hard I tried.  Every time I clicked on any thumbnail for these particular listings, it took me away from that listing to an entirely different listing (at least by the same seller - but not the listing I was interested in buying).   Returning to the original listings and trying to click again would once again take me away from it. 

After about 10 minutes, I left the site in frustration.  I really needed to see the thumbnails to see what was included and other specifics.  (I was shopping for digital items in this case). 

This does not bode well for the holiday shopping period if buyers keep getting clicked away from the listings they're most interested in purchasing. 

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Oh, I do not like this at all!

Jump to solution
Serrelynda  - it was Chrome.

I just went now into Firefox and did not experience the problem there. So I decided to try Chrome again - and it seems to be fixed!  (I hope).

I did go over to Etsy's Facebook page earlier after experiencing the problem to let them know about my experience as a shopper, in this case.  (Since I could only comment on one of their reels, I'm not sure they even saw it).

But at any rate - I'm  now hoping this was only a temporary glitch and hopefully won't re-occur!

View solution in original post

1 Like
6 Replies

Jump to solution

Which browser were you using?  

0 Likes

Jump to solution
Serrelynda  - it was Chrome.

I just went now into Firefox and did not experience the problem there. So I decided to try Chrome again - and it seems to be fixed!  (I hope).

I did go over to Etsy's Facebook page earlier after experiencing the problem to let them know about my experience as a shopper, in this case.  (Since I could only comment on one of their reels, I'm not sure they even saw it).

But at any rate - I'm  now hoping this was only a temporary glitch and hopefully won't re-occur!
1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@MagicalMomentsShoppe  Hi, I've been clicking into some listings (my own as well).  And so far it's letting me see all of the photos. (desktop computer, Chrome). I know many Buyers use mobile to browse and shop. I don't know if you're using mobile as well. Certainly not a good thing if people can't see other photos beyond the thumbnail.

ETA:  We were typing together.  I see you used Chrome and it's OK now.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@ChillwolfArt - I'm hoping it was only a temporary glitch.  I was on desktop at the time (Chrome) - but just now, decided to try again with some of the listings I couldn't navigate at all before - and it seems to be back to normal. (Fingers crossed)!

I do wonder if it was a test though as it seemed to occur with "only" about half the listings I tried to access - not all of them.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@MagicalMomentsShoppe Hey, it happened with me this morning as well, I was looking at some random listings on Etsy, and whenever I clicked on the next thumbnail rather than showing me the picture it would open a new page with some other product from that store. I tried multiple times and it repeatedly instead of showing me the enlarged thumbnail image took me to a new listing, it was actually very annoying. For a while I thought it was some virus or malware and I immediately logged out and switched off my laptop. Later in afternoon I started working on Microsoft explorer as chrome was again testing my patience to login with throwing hundreds of pictures to prove "I am not a robot" as what it has been doing from past two months. On Microsoft everything is working fine, after reading your post it seems lot of people must have experienced the same and sadly made us sellers lose sales.

1 Like
CuriousityShop
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Etsy, unlike some other sites, does not have a sandbox to try out new "Bright ideas" the programmers get. They test on the live site. This may be what causes glitches.

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.