Now available: Listing preview

In my dashboard there is a link put there by Etsy. Here are the details:

Now available: Listing preview

Preview your listings before you publish them, so you can make sure everything looks perfect for buyers.

The link looks like this: "(See what's new)"

When I click it Etsy gives me this:

Uh oh!
You don't have permission to change or remove this information.

Just another typical Etsy fowl-up in a long line of recent mess-ups. I don't need to "change or remove" anything I just wanted to see what Etsy wanted me to see. Good luck sellers.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
12 Replies
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Re: Now available: Listing preview

I saw another Thread about this earlier.  People got the Uh Oh. I see the Announcement in my Dashboard.  But didn't click because I thought it would automatically latch me to the new listing form .  And I have not used it; I keep switching to the old form

4 Likes
CookieGrandma60
Conversation Maker

I also get the error page. 

1 Like

I'm getting the Uh-oh page as well.  When is this new listing form going to be fully functional?  I haven't attempted to use it again, since I got frustrated with it a while back with all the clicking around I had to do.

1 Like

@SurnamePro: It is a malformed URL with another shop's name in it, and obviously you do not have permission to view their data. In the URL you need to replace "/RainasMagicShop/" with "/me/" (without the double quotes).

0 Likes

This is a link Etsy placed in my dashboard so there is nothing to modify/change. It is an Etsy failed link going out to all sellers.

1 Like
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Thank you for pointing that out.

0 Likes

Oh, good catch @BagmakerSupply , I didn't even notice that.  Thanks!

(I was a tad disappointed though, when I saw the link only takes me to my listings, I guess I thought it was going to be an article or....something.  Not just my listings in the shop manager.  lol)

0 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

yes it is taking you to raina patels shop.

she is the product marketing manager on etsy.

and since we cannot see another sellers listing preview.

we get an error message.

1 Like

My question is umm since when is listing preview new? Maybe it's new because preview has been broken, glitchy or otherwise malfunctioning for many for a few years now? Maybe them fixing something now equals new? hehe

Or is this specifically about it being available now in the new listing form? I am still on the old listing form so maybe that's why I'm missing it. And since the link is bad I have no way of even checking if it's actually something new or what it's about.  

3 Likes

I really hope that the private listing preview has finally had an update. I had to stop using it because it was so broken.

0 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Maybe, since it doesn't seem to be working, they could slip in a scammer warning instead.

1 Like

I clicked it, got the "uh oh, You don't have permission to change or remove this information". A giant "search anything" box .....error page. And then clicked the "go back to etsy" button from that page, I ended up on a greeting page .."Welcome Back(Person Me) a page full of products, based on 4 of my own products, which I "Recently Viewed"????? No, I recently edited  those products, because my pics don't fit the program anymore and ....my sales have dropped off the face of the earth.  

If I didn't know better,  I'd be worried it's a black hat SEO technique to get more traffic to where they want it to go. or at least grey??? It had nothing to do with any kind of listing preview to make my stuff all good and correct. Confuse the bots much ??

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.