isewcute
Crafty Poster

Not receiving etsy transaction emails

Haven't been receiving them for awhile. I changed nothing with my email recently and never had a problem before. 

I'm not getting emails on transactions, deposits, messages, nothing from etsy.

Etsy, what is going on? 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
20 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Not receiving etsy transaction emails

Check your spam folder. 

0 Likes
isewcute
Crafty Poster

There's nothing in my spam folder.

2 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

This has been going on for me for the last two or three months. I don't get emails for my purchases, either.
And emails for convos are off and on.

I have no problem with my eBay purchase notifications. No problem with any other site.

This is an Etsy problem.

1 Like

For some time, I have not received email notifications either of messages from clients, nor of transactions, and the last time, not even for sending money to the account. Is it possible to have turned off notifications so we don't get phishing messages anymore? Or because of the changes in the system, which they kept doing, disconnecting and reconnecting, certain "components" were lost? Etsy, leave it, I periodically go into the store and check the correspondence and what else has happened.

0 Likes

@isewcute: Presuming that the eMail was sent, many bad things can happen after the eMail has left Etsy's eMail server. Your eMail provider or Internet Service Provider or even a relaying server could be blocking the eMail in error and it never even makes it to your eMail client much less your SPAM or junk folder. The consensus is that a seller needs to check their shop for messages and orders at least daily via a browser just in case.

1 Like
isewcute
Crafty Poster

Yes, I check in multiple times daily, just to be sure.

0 Likes

Don't rely on email alone.  Always check shop at least once a day.  I only use email as backup.

Anything can happen to emails.  Changes by the email provider, changes to security.  Anything

0 Likes
isewcute
Crafty Poster

Yes, I check in several times daily. The email was my backup, not the other way round, but I would like it restored.

1 Like
BluKatDesign
Conversation Maker

Some emails like comcast get blocked! Since I used gmail I have not had this problem but I always check my dashboard!

0 Likes

Me too.  Nothing in spam folder.  I receive all emails EXCEPT Etsy.  My other store has no issues.  I had this same problem years ago.  After numerous phone calls and emails, an Etsy tech reset something in my account and all was good - until now.  Come on, Etsy, we're not making this up.  You have a glitch.

2 Likes
isewcute
Crafty Poster

Yes, thank you for validating my concern. There is definitely something wrong.

0 Likes
ZenCatPottery
Conversation Maker

For the last 6, or so, months, I sometimes receive an email when I make a sale and sometimes not.  Same when someone sends me a message - sometimes and sometimes not.

3 Likes
isewcute
Crafty Poster

I haven't been able to receive any transaction emails since the end of last year. I have received a couple emails recently from etsy that you good folks have replied to my post here though. 

0 Likes

Occasionally, I have to go in and re-verify my email under Account Settings (from the shop icon on the right side of the top of the screen of an Etsy page).  Once I re-verify it, I get emails again.

Having said that, I know there are some users that have checked there and found no issues and still don't get emails.  But it's worth a look.  

2 Likes

Thanks for info, I tried that but no luck.  I bought a computer with Windows 11 last week and changed my mail from POP to IMAP.  Microsoft 365 feels it's Etsy's issue, my CenturyLink provider feels it's Etsy.  I get emails from everyone but Etsy.  My other Etsy shop gets emails fine.  Guess I'll call Etsy again tomorrow. 

0 Likes
isewcute
Crafty Poster

I am afraid to re verify because it's going to send the verification code to the email address I'm not receiving emails at, so worry that I won't get it.

1 Like

Does it say it needs to be re-verified?  If it does, then that's your answer.

0 Likes

My account doesn't say it needs re-verification.  Like you, I couldn't do it anyway because I don't get emails from Etsy.  They're not sending them because there is nothing in my email account from CenturyLink when I sign in there (except emails from other people).  

1 Like

I haven't been getting any emails from Etsy recently.

I would always get the ones for shipping labels, as I always have that box checked to receive a confirmation- nothing for a couple of weeks.

I would always get the ones for my weekly deposit- no "money on the way" emails for the last couple of weeks.

Emails for sales have been sporadic for quite a while- sometimes they would show up, sometimes not.

I haven't had emails for sales in the last couple of weeks.

Nothing in spam, just nothing....

I do check Etsy throughout the day, so I don't miss any messages or sales, but why aren't any emails being received now?

0 Likes

I only get maybe one in four. It's been this way for a very long time.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.