Not able to drag and drop images into new listings... what a nightmare!!!!!

Etsy's new listing page is a total wreck. Did they actually consult with anyone who lists a lot of items?

This is a total disaster and major design flaw. What a nightmare. No more drag and drop of images into new listings. This is not only going to take a lot of extra time to list an item, but opens the door for a ton of mistakes in listings by dropping images by name, not as a picture. I guess it's back to eBay.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
8 Likes
22 Replies

Re: Not able to drag and drop images into new listings... what a nightmare!!!!!

I use the clone a listing function and the photos are included in the copied listing.  I am still able to change some or add new ones if I want to.  Not sure if this addresses your specific issue or not, but it works well for me.

1 Like

Are you doing the new form on desktop, or using the new app?  Because on the new (blue) Seller app, you have to tap "reorder" at the top, and do a double-tap and hold to drag into place.  If you're on desktop - sorry, I haven't seen the new form yet.

0 Likes

I don't like the new app so access my shop using a browser on my ipad.  I find using a browser instead of the app provides more functions.  

3 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

I listed 2 new items this morning. I used the duplicate feature and then edited. No problem at all.

2 Likes
givemeacrown
Conversation Maker

Are you on a Mac, PC or a tablet such as iPad or Android?

I haven't got the new listing page yet (I haven't checked both shops) but if it just has a link to click on that opens a view of files on your computer, on either a Mac or PC you should be able to click an option to view the thumbnails rather than just see filenames.

e.g. on Windows 11 in Firefox if I click "Add a photo" on the old listing form it pops up a "File upload" window that looks like the normal Windows file explorer. There are a few icons near the top right and hovering a mouse of them I see the third from the right says "Change your view" - clicking on it I get options for what size icons (thumbnails) I want to see.

From memory Mac's have a similar feature but you might need to look around the upload window to figure out what to press to access the options.

0 Likes
TheHomespunLoft
Conversation Maker

What?? lol-- I didn't know you could drag and drop anyways!! Not that I would have used it...but didn't even know you could..

5 Likes

Just learned this right now myself.  I always upload the photos from my laptop. 

2 Likes

I was having this problem as well.  I went ahead and entered all the photos without dragging and dropping them.  It did take a bit more time.  But, the next day I was able to drag and drop photos as normal on a new listing.  I'm not sure what happened?  the function is working now for me and I haven't changed or updated anything.  

1 Like

@NancyQstudio It sounds like we have once again been enlisted as the unpaid Etsy Test Team. Sigh.

4 Likes
MosEisleyTraders
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks for the replies. I'm using am iMac desktop computer, although I'm sure it works this way on all formats.  I'm not sure a lot of sellers who replied understood what I was explaining. With the new seller page, you can no longer add images by simply dragging and dropping them into a copied listing. ***It was very quick and easy.*** Most importantly, it prevented making mistakes of adding the wrong image because it was all picture-based. Now, you must search out the pictures files by ***name*** to add them. No more drag and drop. This is especially true when you list multiple items that look very similar. It also requires a lot more time to complete. I have zero idea why on earth this was done, other than someone decided to change things because they were bored.

4 Likes
FiglioMio
Inspiration Seeker

This is a freaking nightmare for me. I’m so angry, I’m considering closing all of my stores. 

3 Likes

I lost the add and drop feature a long time ago - a few years I think. I think it happened due to changes on my computer - updates in windows or something. I can still drag and drop in other programs, but not Etsy. Next time I add a new listing I will check and see if drag and drop has come back. It is easier. 

0 Likes

I switched it back to the old format using an option at the top right side of my page.  I like to drag and drop, much less time consuming for me.  I hope this option is available to you.

2 Likes
LanaLuckyFinds
Conversation Maker

Me too. I use drag and drop exclusively and without this feature it takes forever to list. The new format also does not have flat rate shipping options. So, I have to switch to old version every time they open up a new listing format. 

1 Like

I tried but after fighting with it, I gave up and used the revert to original style button.     I'm fine with change but not in wasting my time in fighting with something that is counter-intuitive.    Especially when the old version works just FINE.

3 Likes
DeborahHarrys
Inspiration Seeker

I 100% agree.  I list from my desktop and use the drag and drop feature for all of my listings.  I tried the new form for one listing and then reverted back to the old way, MUCH EASIER all the way around.  I find the new way far more cumbersome than the original.  When you convert back to the old way, there is a place to put your feedback.  I sent feedback with several items that were more difficult the new way.  If everyone could please do that, perhaps Etsy could change the things that we find difficult.  I'm not sure how long we will be able to revert to the old way.  THANKS all!!!!  Keep on listing!!!

3 Likes

Can somebody please tell me where you see the option to use the new listing page format?

0 Likes
LanaLuckyFinds
Conversation Maker

Etsy switches you to new format automatically. 

0 Likes

I'm on a Macbook OS Ventura 13.4 and primarily use Firefox 114.0.1.  Could not drag and drop photos into listings with Firefox.  So I switched browsers to Safari 16.5, and it works fine now.  Hopefully etsy Tech support reads these postings and can identify an existing issue.

0 Likes

I finally found a way to do so but it requires being not on the page where you add the photos.  It's the page prior I can drag photos.  

So I found I have to add the first photo and then back out to the other page where I can drop and drag the rest.

Sorry I can't explain it better.  

0 Likes

@JDTotesnDolls I don't use the Edit button for managing photos in the new form and have not found any problems.

If no photos are loaded yet I see a box with the static text "Drag & Drop or" above the button to add photos / video.

From there I can click and drag a photo or multiple photos in, including the first image.
This action opens the display area with all the boxes. From there I can click & drag more photos in or load them from my device.
I can also delete or click & drag photos to a different position.
It's only if I select the cropping tool icon or the Adjust thumbnail button that the image is opened in edit mode.

0 Likes

Working now. I'm assuming Etsy saw our notes and fixed the problem. THANKS!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.