No text shows on listings ...

It's happened again. For some reason, listings aren't showing the text/description in my shop once I have posted them. In fact, text doesn't show up on any of the listings on Etsy. Is this a technical issue on their end? It happened before but eventually worked. Also, I am still using the old form of listing (I really don't like their supposed "improved" version). Any thoughts?

Thx in advance!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies

Re: No text shows on listings ...

It's a current test where those involved need to click a arrow under the pictures to see item details.  It has nothing to do with which listing form a Seller uses.

I'm not currently in the test, but was able to see this in an incognito view.

0 Likes

THANKS!

0 Likes
CanningCrafts
Conversation Maker

There is a "test" going on now where Etsy is putting the description under the product photo (in a tab that you click to expand). It's hard to see for some. Maybe you are in the test? Do you see a collapsed description if you scroll under the photo?

1 Like

If you all hadn't told me where to look I never would have seen it. They keep trying to fix something that isn't broken!

1 Like
CanningCrafts
Conversation Maker

No one should have to play Hide & Seek to find the most important thing on an ecommerce site! I don't understand why this test keeps coming back. It's not as bad as when they put the description at the very bottom of the page at least, but still

2 Likes
Arcalliq
Community Maker

I can see your descriptions but as usual, most of it is hidden. You are probably in one of Etsy's carefully thought trough tests.

1 Like

yes! Happening for me, too! I've reached out to Etsy and they are working with their IT team.

1 Like

Just now reading the responses above! It would have been nice if Etsy let us know they were "testing" something! My concern is most shoppers won't know to click below the photo...unbelievable.

0 Likes

Exactly! If I hadn't been informed where to look from these answers I would never have figured it out. So annoying.

0 Likes

Etsy is obsessed with hiding the item descriptions. The description is equally important as the photos. Maybe they'll hide the photos next!

0 Likes

I actually thought it was a glitch when browsing around the Etsy platform this evening, (the big white vacant section did not train my eyes to look around again)  So I tried refreshing, clearing cache, thinking to myself are these shops just skipping leaving measurements etc.?  Until I checked my own listing and it was missing item details too.  What would we do without the community forums??

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.