No Photos in Other Shops and No Deactivated Section anymore?

Jump to solution

I have two questions:

My Deactivated section is gone from the list.

I still have-

Active,Draft,Expired, Sold Out, Inactive, Featured Listings

So did Inactive take its place?

2nd Question-

I just signed into my Etsy site. There was a seller’s photo of an item that grabbed my interest. I clicked on the photo and all I saw was the price and telling me to put it in my cart. No photos of the item. What in the world is going on???
How many glitches are there??

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: No Photos in Other Shops and No Deactivated Section anymore?

Jump to solution

@PatsPackedCloset  

You should see it under the heading "Listing Status" which appears above the "Sections" group. It will say inactive. That is where the images should be hiding.

They did have a deactivate section under sections at one time. It was handy when you wanted to deactivate a listing for a while. I used to use it when I was taking certain items to a craft show. 

If you want to deactivate a listing, click the tic box on the bottom left of the image when you pull it up on the listings page. With that box ticked, click on the little wheel on the right hand side and a drop down list will come up. Then click deactivate.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Jump to solution
0 Likes
8 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Etsy never deactivated any of my listings so I would not expect to see that category in my dashboard.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@NanaLetha  They have never deactivated any of mine as well--well not so far, but I do have  a deactivated section and I use it often--mostly if I run out of a particular fabric but plan to buy more so I will want to reinstate the listing .

I have sometimes gotten overwhelmed with a lot of orders for one certain item so will deactivate that item until I "catch up"

1 Like
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I thought it was always called 'inactive'

7 Likes

Jump to solution

First click on "inactive" and see if your deactivated  listings are in there.  Etsy may be dumbing down the site to a 5th grade level. Or there may be some test going on that you are included in.

Also it could be your computer is "constipated" as I like to say. If you do the old "clear your history, cache, cookies" and reboot it may free up some space and heal the problem. When my computer gets "overwhelmed" some things simply seem to disappear. Clear the cache and they reappear.

0 Likes
Sassydoggs
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I have only had 3 de-activated that I know of over 14 years.  They were always put in my inactive folder, not a separate folder.  There was a notation as to the fact they were de-activated by etsy.  All 3 listings were vintage items. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Okay, thank you.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@PatsPackedCloset  

You should see it under the heading "Listing Status" which appears above the "Sections" group. It will say inactive. That is where the images should be hiding.

They did have a deactivate section under sections at one time. It was handy when you wanted to deactivate a listing for a while. I used to use it when I was taking certain items to a craft show. 

If you want to deactivate a listing, click the tic box on the bottom left of the image when you pull it up on the listings page. With that box ticked, click on the little wheel on the right hand side and a drop down list will come up. Then click deactivate.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I”llcheck on the photos suggestion.

I don’t want to deactivate.I was just curious as to where the section went. With all the glitches recently, I just thought Oh no, here we go again.

thanks much.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.