DropDebGorgeous
Inspiration Seeker

New sellers app questions

Jump to solution

Help!  I’m trying out the new sellers app…

1.  Where is Teams - can’t find it?

2.  Where can I see the number of times someone has viewed a particular item in my shop?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: New sellers app questions

Jump to solution

I have the same question regarding the teams / forums.  Etsy is retiring the sell on etsy app in May.  

I have been using the new etsy app (blue) for a while now.  To answer your question, go to listings.  Click on one and scroll down and over to right.  There is a drop down list of intervals for you to choose.  If someone has viewed your item, it will show up here.  I check mine periodically.  Best interval - last 30 days.  Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

6 Likes
25 Replies

Jump to solution

I really don't know why sellers use the app when they can get full functionality using browser.

I only have the app installed for notifications and ease of posting to social media. That's it. 

6 Likes

Jump to solution

@CuriosAnCollectibles  I used to be able to access desktop on mobile, but the past year, it always shuttles me into one of the apps.  No idea why.  I have Android.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@CuriosAnCollectibles great question! 

I use both.  What I love about the new Etsy app is that I can upload photos and videos directly from my mobile device into listings without having to convert to required sizing parameters.  This is HUGE time saver for me.  And space saver in my storage files.  I no longer need to keep Etsy only photos.  Hope this helps? 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I am sick of Etsy trying to force the app. I’m trying to print an order from the browser on my phone which I have done hundreds of times only to hit the app wall today. Please STOP trying to control my behavior. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Well good for you! Maybe it's because it's more compatible for a phone and tablet. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Right now my laptop isn’t working and I can’t afford a desktop so I rely on the app mostly. Plus I am out and about a lot with my children’s extracurricular activities and I us the app to communicate with customers and list new items. I think a lot of people rely on the app for their shop for different reasons and convenience. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have the same question regarding the teams / forums.  Etsy is retiring the sell on etsy app in May.  

I have been using the new etsy app (blue) for a while now.  To answer your question, go to listings.  Click on one and scroll down and over to right.  There is a drop down list of intervals for you to choose.  If someone has viewed your item, it will show up here.  I check mine periodically.  Best interval - last 30 days.  Hope this helps. 

6 Likes
DropDebGorgeous
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thank you

1 Like

Jump to solution

Crafty poster have you ever had an issue with the new seller app allowing you to complete a new listing? I tried to use the new app as soon as it was available to me last year just to get used to it but was never able to fully complete a new listing. I tried many times. I've been so nervous for them to phase out the old seller app because I have never been able to complete a full listing with the new app. I get about half way through and it just stope. There is a circle spinning in the center of the screen but nothing ever happens. I can't go back, nothing is saved. Theres no option for me to do anything at all. I have to restart EVERY SINGLE TIME. I did just complete my first listing ever with the new app but when I went to do the next one the circle thing happened. VERY FRUSTRATING. 

Any tips or advice would be amazing. Thanks

0 Likes

Jump to solution

OP, I don't find Forums on the new Blue Seller app on Android, but when I switch to the Edge browser, I find Forums under Community and Help. It appears to be an intended flaw on the new app.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I keep checking to see if the new app will have include community/forum/teams. 

It was SO helpful to have it on the old APP so I could check it throughout the day.

Now I have to either have my laptop browser open or have to open the web page version on my phone/iPad and still log in etc.

I'm wondering if Etsy wants to phase out the community??

0 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

If I want to go to the forum on my phone I Google Etsy Forum.  I avoid the apps.

4 Likes
KimzVisionz
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

(moved to new topic)

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The new APP sucks. I cannot use that amazing Social Media tool, I cannot control my store settings, I cannot post shop updates, I cannot do anything useful to the management of my shop in this App. I basically hate it with purple passion. The old App WAS VERY USEFUL. IT GAVE ME NEARLY ALL ACCESS TO THE ENTIRETY OF MY CONTROL PANEL. I could do almost anything in the old app that I needed. It is user friendly and intuitive. The new app is none of those things.  I can't access anything useful in this new app. Where is the social media tool? You increase your fees to us and have wired your algorithm to punish us unless we do as you ask and yet you can't give us a selling app that is actually useful?  Then you take away a tool from us that is? Etsy, every year since becoming publicly traded has made me hate you more and more. You used to reward top sellers and take less from us. Being part of Etsy used to be fun.  

14 Likes

Jump to solution

I agree! I’ve spent more time than I need to on figuring things out and am still having trouble. It’s like a guessing game. Where’s this? Where’s that? I use apps all the time and never have to search for features or Google how to do things. It’s a step backwards!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I agree. And it has nothing to do with a learning curve on how to use the new app. It just sucks. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I could not agree more!!! Exactly what you said! I feel more and more manipulated, the new app absolutely sucks, and just now I go to edit some listings on my desktop and find they've changed that too, apparently last night. I used to like Etsy so much more and when they went public, the slow slide started. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I agree. I don't have a computer and I was able to do everything from the old app.  This new one I can't issue refunds, I have noticed not all my listing are showing up.  I have been selling for over 10 years and I am actually thinking of going to Ebay and closing my shop down all together, This is frustrating.  They didn't make it better, they made it harder for us. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@TheodosiasTrinkets: A lot of sellers in this forum suggest using a browser (even your mobile browser) instead of the app.

0 Likes
VintageErgando
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Agree 100%. I used the old orange app everyday. I was invited to use Blue app early in the year, changed to that, hated it and left one star review on Play Store and reinstalled orange app! Now the reviews on Play Store are hidden. Blue app cannot edit listings and no bulk uploader. I use app more than desktop website so will now go to Ebay until they sort themselves out.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I can not find " Your item in the wild" in the new app...probably not available anymore!!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@ByParisie : If you mean Shop Updates, we were able to post one today using the OLD app.

0 Likes
SVGRox
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Lets hope there is an update coming to new app soon so it can be more useful

1 Like

Jump to solution

I'm not even able to complete a new listing. It just shuts down half way through, a circle spins in the center of the screen and there is nothing I can do. I've been trying to use the new app for nearly a year to get used to it and have only ever been able to successfully create 1 new listing. SO VERY FRUSTRATING

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.