New listings not accessible to buyers

I recently had a customer request a custom resin/epoxy lazy susan. We agreed to the price and I told her that I would send her a custom listing for purchase before I got her piece started. She was unable to open that listing nor purchase the listing. Since the custom listing was not working, I tried a few times to create a listing on my store that was titled "custom order for Tami".  When I click the preview button, I am getting an error that says, "This item is not available in your region". I am in AZ and the buyer is in NY. She is getting the same error.  Now, I am noticing that every single new listing that I am trying to post is having the exact same issue. 

Here is the link to my shop: JaninesResinCreation - Etsy  The listing in question is still up titled "custom order for Tami" 

I have read through the forums and have gone through my shop, shipping profiles, checked regional preferences, etc for hours to no avail. I am not in India and I do not sell any type of plants or plant material. I contacted Etsy support almost 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything back from them. I have a bunch of new pieces but cannot list them. Any and all help or advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies

Re: New listings not accessible to buyers

I have set my delivery to NY and added it to my basket, seems to be fine. No errors showing

0 Likes

So weird you are able to see it but others can’t. Thank you for checking! 

1 Like

I'm also seeing not available when trying to open that listing, so I can't see the description or tags.  I'm in NY.

What type of wood was used for that item?  Is it mesquite by any chance?

0 Likes

It is mesquite.As a general listing on my store, should that matter? 

0 Likes

How is it possible for one to see the listing and not another?

0 Likes

@TheVintagePineapple the description I am seeing on the private listing

18” lazy susan
Mesquite wood with purple hue resin
Wood exposed

1 Like

@CryzalisDesigns No idea.  Maybe the system *knows* you're not really from NY?  (joking!)

So it is the mesquite situation!

@JaninesResinCreation  There was another OP with the same problem the other day, but his listing was deactivated by Etsy.  That OP was also deleted, but maybe this earlier one will explain the problem with mesquite wood:

Banned Materials - Welcome to the Etsy Community

2 Likes

Ugh, the bots are stupid. Mesquite is my absolute favorite type of wood with so much character.
I tried taking the word mesquite out of the description and it is still not working. Wondering if I should send her a new custom listing without the word mesquite? I have two other mesquite charcuterie board listings with no problems. Hoping this isn’t preventing me from creating any new listings because I “posted banned materials”. Errrrrr!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply with the possible cause. 

1 Like

@JaninesResinCreation Read some of the OP that I linked above.  Mesquite is considered a ''noxious weed'' by the USDA.  Etsy is now acting on that USDA report (which is linked within that OP).  

You'd have to make a completely new listing without using 'mesquite', but I don't recommend doing that to get around the rules.

I see you have other items that use mesquite wood.  Since this mesquite restriction on Etsy is fairly new, it may be that when those listings are relisted or renewed, they could also be either 'unavailable' or deactivated.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.