New image format!!!

Now Etsy have decided to change image format to square most of my pictures are now too big and have cut off part of the images..

How do I resize them without having to take them all again????

So frustrating!!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes
6 Replies

Re: New image format!!!

My formats are specifically rectangle for a reason. I have over 400 listings. Are you $%^@ing kidding Etsy!? What brain dead algorithm did you put your faith in this time. FFS... This platform never ceases to amaze me.

7 Likes

I Know right ... just woke up to find my pictures are too big and don't know how to fix it ... ruined the look of my shop ETSY!!!!!

0 Likes

I'm having the same issue! I'm a painter and most of my p paintings are rectangular. Now they're cut in half. Nothing I do to alter the photo works. So sick of Etsy and all their stupid changes.

2 Likes
apaperaffaire
Conversation Maker

I haven't been to the forums for a LONG time but just came in to check on this. My photos are huge too and look terrible! What have they done to our photos??

3 Likes

My handmade artwork, which takes weeks to produce, is a rectangular format for a reason. People want nature artwork in landscape not square! It gives a panorama appearance when displayed or framed. This is such an act of stupidity on Etsy’s part. They obviously think nothing through and continue to ruin their own platform. Now my artwork is cutoff and there is no way to redo it. The display photos come from the original artwork’s digital file. Just one more huge disappointment.

7 Likes

You have to go to your gallery where ever you store your photos and then resize them before you download them.  I have had to do that before and it is a pain in the butt.  But it does work.  I hate the new format.  If that is streamlined,  I don't know what the old one is.  I continue to use the old one.  I don't think half of my listing would get on it if I used the new one.  It seems rather haphazard to me.  I look at my photos a lot when I put in the title of the vintage item.  I hope we can continue to use the old one because my listings will be very short if I have to use the new one!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.