Hi. I was reading a new message in Etsy on my phone and went to mark it as unread so that I wouldn't forget about it to come back to it in the morning and accidentally marked it as SPAM. So I hurried up and came to the computer to move it from my SPAM folder back to my Inbox. When I got to my SPAM folder I find 4 other new messages that I have gotten over the last 5 days that had automatically been moved to SPAM and I didn't know it. They were not SPAM. I didn't even receive a notification that I had gotten a new message. They were all inquiries on new orders. One was a very large order on a deadline that I most likely have now missed because she messaged me 4 days ago and never got a responded. I'm extremely mad about it. Business has been SO SLOW lately and this large order really would have helped things. Has this happened to anyone else? If not, everyone make sure to check your SPAM folders!

CuriousityShop
Conversation Maker

Re: New Messages going to SPAM Automatically

I only had one that had been sent to spam, it was the last in a conversation, so I didn't have any missed orders, but still, Etsy needs to fix this PRONTO!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

After reading these postings, I checked and there was also a message in spam which was at the end of a long exchange of recent messages which were not previously in spam. Someone asking loads of questions instead of reading the description.  I thought she had just decided it wasn't for her, and she was probably thinking I was giving up replying to her questions....

1 Like

As @SeasideRoseCreations mentioned earlier - shop owners need to start reporting this issue to Etsy if you haven't already done so.

Yes, maybe you can compliment Etsy on their attempt to save shop owners from scammers.

But in the end it would appear that shops may be losing sales because of what appears to be a failed "improvement" to Etsy's messaging system.

Etsy offers buyers the option to filter for shops that are a "Star Seller". It appears that some shops have lost their April star due to the misdirected messages they never saw &/or that they made the "mistake" of replying to real messages from buyers/potential buyers.

Etsy has yet to post any sort of announcement or acknowledge here in the Technical Issues forum that there has been an unexpected consequence to their changes. Not even any guidance on how to handle real messages - take out of spam & reply? reply from the spam box? Where might messages that are replied to end up - back in spam? in the sent-messages box? 

Yes, Etsy's support to shop owners is already back-logged. Yes, they might get inundated with tickets on the messaging problem. But if they truly do think that right now only a small number of shops are affected, fixing the issue will take forever & a day.  

3 Likes

I have reported my issue.  Even after I mark messages as "not spam" and respond to the inquiry, the customer's response to me ends up back in spam.

2 Likes

@TheWhiskeyWorkshopCo  - Good! And thankfully you now know to look in the spam box.

Hopefully you end up with a good sale after all this. 

1 Like

@TheWhiskeyWorkshopCo - Same here. I responded to one of my spam messages, marked it NOT SPAM and it went to my Inbox. The potential buyer responded back, the message landed back in my spam folder, not my inbox. I informed Etsy via chat that not only are initial messages landing in spam but messages marked NOT SPAM are landing back there as well.

5 Likes

Keep reporting people!!!

Some have been told the issue won't be corrected.

Others have been told "the team is working on it".

An acknowledgement would be nice.

Also letting the support staff know what is going on, so they will all be on the same page would be helpful.

4 Likes
woobiebeans
Inspiration Seeker

Agreed!  I've just found 3 this morning, 2 of which were late so have hurt my star seller metrics (only to 98%, but that's still very unfair).  

I've messaged with customer support and was told they "have a dedicated team working on it".  Everyone needs to reach out to them until there is a fix.  Small businesses are hurting right now, especially on Etsy, so having an additional hurdle to jump is especially frustrating.  

2 Likes

How do we get Etsy's attention to fix this? It's a big deal because we're not getting important messages

0 Likes

Report, report, report and continue to monitor your spam folder.  I initially messaged Etsy via Chat when I noticed non-spam messages in my spam folder.  I messaged Etsy again today via Chat to let them know that messages marked NOT SPAM are landing back in spam after the buyer responds back. The response has been to wait for a response via email as well as in the forums regarding what they are doing about this.

1 Like

Just did a chat, this was the response I received:  "It seems like we have been receiving similar concerns regarding messages automatically going to the spam folders. Please know that our teams are closely monitoring this at the moment and looking into this."  So keep checking your Spam folders!

1 Like
CatMarshallArt
Inspiration Seeker

I'm glad you've got a reply! That's good to read. I've had nothing back from them for two days.

0 Likes

Betreff: New Messages going to SPAM Automatically

Es landen sogar neue Anfragen von  Bestandskunden im Spamordner.

Etsy wollte wissen ob ich mit der Antwort auf meine Supportanfrage zufrieden war, hab aber keine Antwort erhalten auch nicht im Spamordner.

0 Likes

Ich habe bereits eine herbe Einbuse bei meinen "Starseller Antwort Prozenten" erlitten und werde meinen Rang wohl verlieren.

0 Likes

Wenn all unsere etsy Support-Klagen diesbezüglich bei denen auch im Spamordner landen,, bekommen wir nieeee eine Lösung.

0 Likes

I also have just seen two real inquiries in my SPAM folder. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.