New Messages going to SPAM Automatically

Hi. I was reading a new message in Etsy on my phone and went to mark it as unread so that I wouldn't forget about it to come back to it in the morning and accidentally marked it as SPAM. So I hurried up and came to the computer to move it from my SPAM folder back to my Inbox. When I got to my SPAM folder I find 4 other new messages that I have gotten over the last 5 days that had automatically been moved to SPAM and I didn't know it. They were not SPAM. I didn't even receive a notification that I had gotten a new message. They were all inquiries on new orders. One was a very large order on a deadline that I most likely have now missed because she messaged me 4 days ago and never got a responded. I'm extremely mad about it. Business has been SO SLOW lately and this large order really would have helped things. Has this happened to anyone else? If not, everyone make sure to check your SPAM folders!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
12 Likes
40 Replies

Re: New Messages going to SPAM Automatically

Thank you for posting this !

I just looked at my spam folder and there was indeed an inquiry for a custom order from 12 hours ago. Definitely not a spam. I hope you will not miss your big order because of this new issue.

This needs to be fixed.

1 Like

I was never notified that anyone even responded to this post! I did miss the order. The person won't even respond back to my messages. Since then I've still had new messages going to SPAM. 

0 Likes
ReImagineBrewing
Conversation Maker

Thank you too for posting this. I just found a bunch messages over the past 5 days classified as SPAM that are not SPAM.

Business is very slow. Crickets and I'm "established", make items from scratch, but can't compete with mass production and drop shipping. I'm another seller getting pushed off the site and focusing elsewhere.

2 Likes

This bug was first reported on March 18, and it is still not fixed.
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Providing-Great-Customer-Service/Non-spam-ends-up-directly-in-Spam-fol...

An admin responded the next day, saying
Thank you for reporting -  This doesn't appear to be impacting all members, but we've got a team investigating just to be safe.
In any case, please file a support request by visiting help.etsy.com and a member of our team will be assisting you shortly. Just click “I Still Need Help” if none of the options apply to you. 

6 Likes

Your link to the thread where a moderator posted that response also includes a link to another thread from "two weeks ago".

Here we are "two weeks later" and the number of threads on the issue could be compared to bunny rabbits, snowballs turning into an avalanche...

When will this major snafu be fixed? To realize, many shop owners probably never think to check their spam box for real messages nor do they read thru the forums to see what the latest "glitch" is. 

5 Likes

Everyone needs to start creating tickets for this.

5 Likes

I also had this problem with a message from a repeat customer.

2 Likes
GalleryAntiques
Conversation Maker

As reported in another thread If any of those messages are genuine, if you click on their profile, you should see that Etsy has also conveniently blocked the user and if you reply they won't see it, unblock them first, then reply. Yet again Etsy has created an absolute mess for sellers to deal with.

6 Likes

SMH that this is still happening!

2 Likes

Still happening to me as of yesterday.

2 Likes

This has happened to me as well. Now that I have responded, it has triggered a delayed response from me and have now lost my star seller badge because of it. 

3 Likes

I am sorry that you lost your star seller badge over this. I do want to thank you for your post. After reading your post, I chose to not respond to a 2 day old message that was in my spam folder. It was a message from another seller. I instead contacted them directly through their shop and explained why I replied in that manner. Also reminded them to answer my message  to preserve their star seller message badge.

Ridiculous that Etsy won't fix things more quickly. Anyways, what I did may be a workaround for others wishing to both answer their customers questions as well as preserve star seller.

JEESH!

1 Like
GalleryAntiques
Conversation Maker

What's the betting @RandysExoticWoods  your message to the seller went to their spam folder lol (wink emoji)

1 Like
CatMarshallArt
Inspiration Seeker

Me too, dropped from consistent 100% response rate over the last two years to 80% this month because all new messages over the Easter weekend landed in spam. I’m so disappointed. I asked Etsy and they told me it wouldn’t affect ratings… and here we are.

3 Likes
Wakaleka
Conversation Maker

Same with me and I lost Star Seller over it.

3 Likes

Contact support.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me.  Etsy support could not/did not help.  Lost star seller.  Ridiculous!

3 Likes
CatMarshallArt
Inspiration Seeker

Exactly the same here. Totally unacceptable.

1 Like

I missed 19 potential buyers in the last week bc of this. I just discovered it lastnight. 

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up.. just checked spam and there was a message from 3 hours ago.  It's a potential sale, customer just needed a question answered.

1 Like

Just noticed this as well.  Had 7 legit messages go directly to spam.

3 Likes
FD3DesignsShop
Inspiration Seeker

I had the exact same issue. 

Then I marked them as not spam and Etsy calculated them as late reply, affecting my star seller % !!!

They need to fix this!!!

2 Likes
CatMarshallArt
Inspiration Seeker

Yes, this! Would have been “better” if I’d have just left them in spam in terms of star seller but Etsy now blocks messages from potential buyers in spam. Absolute mess.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.