New Listing Format

I just used the new listings, in the new format, and it published my new listing TWICE. This is a problem. I got charged for an extra listing, and I only have one listing that I was publishing. Need to go back to the way it was.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
17 Replies

Re: New Listing Format

I agree this thing has so many issues.  I NEVER give feedback to something new. Well that changed yesterday.  I gave 3 messages for issues. Then noticed ALL of my "groups" disappeared on the new form and the old form.  URGHHHHH

3 Likes

I posted about this when it first came out.  It's not streamlined nor is it efficient.

Bulky, hard to follow and it needs to crawl back into the corner it crawled out of.

The "old" listing form is quick, easy and it works!!!  

Note to Etsy:  Quit fixing things that don't need fixing and work on those that do need fixing.

I'm tired of calling turquoise and teal "blue" just to get a listing described.  Same with "pink" for coral/peach.  And, there are others.

I'm tired of not having enough spaces to leave a good descriptive tag.

I'm MORE than tired of the shops that are making big bucks selling things that Etsy itself does not allow, but yet they thrive.

If this new listing form is what our 1.5% is paying for, we certainly didn't get our money's worth.

17 Likes

@HazelsSewingSupplies I totally agree with you about the need for an expanded choice of colors . Teal is neither blue nor green. Off white is different from white, peach is not orange and definitely not pink and so on and so on…. I complained about this years ago to Etsy and they said they were “working on it it”. Still waiting…

2 Likes

Do you get the feeling that we are not listened to?

3 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

@HazelsSewingSupplies 

did you say something?

: )

2 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@HazelsSewingSupplies  - I listed some aqua yarn but I was forced into selecting blue or green! It's neither. We should at least be able to add our own color.

8 Likes

@NanaLetha @I wholeheartedly agree! Let us type in our own color! And, while they’re at it, let us type in our own STYLE, too. My pieces don’t fit any of the styles in that stupid drop down. I just hope they don’t pull the same stunt with the listing page as they did with the app. They got rid of the old app before the new one was ready for prime time and the results are disastrous. I no longer use the app for anything because it’s so poorly designed. Such a waste of time, energy and money for zero gain and 100% loss.

3 Likes

@NanaLetha Oh yes, Aqua is another very good example. Turquoise too. 

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@HazelsSewingSupplies  You know what I can't figure; I have not seen one comment from an Etsy Seller, which stated they liked the new listing form; that it's as good if not better than what we had.  Yet in this Announcement it states, "We built these new features with you in mind. And we want to keep hearing from you". And  "Continue to share your feedback."
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/It-s-even-easier-to-create-and-edit-new-listings/m-p/142...

Sellers have been explicitly detailing the reasons why they do not like the new listing form.  But it does not appear their voices are being heard. At least not from what I can see.

4 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

@ChillwolfArt 

i think they said the same thing about...

the sellers protection policy.

they did it for us.

they need to stop helping us.

because it hurts.

when they do.

3 Likes

@ChillwolfArt You’ve made a great point. Where are all the sellers who actually like the new listing format?  It feels like Etsy does NOT want to hear from us. I can’t remember when exactly they changed the Custom Order form. That was another big blunder. I’m not even sure if they ever fixed that one because I haven’t dared to use it since it was first rolled out. So much extra work for us and confusion for our customers.

4 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@ChillwolfArt  the voices are being heard but ignored!

4 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@NanaLetha  I believe you're right.  I can see if you take something which is clunky or has poor functionality and make improvements (which is the key here).  But when you regress (such as with the new app and listing form), change just for the sake of it, doesn't make sense.

0 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

@NanaLetha 

maybe we should start speaking like this:

hello...

can you hear

me now.

i refuse to be ignored.

9 Likes

Did you ever figure out why they listed some of your items twice? They’re doing it to mine too and some up to 5 times! 

0 Likes

Ive tried the new template a few times. My main issue is that it will not upload the pics in the order they are taken.

0 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

I have seen several people say they like the new form better and use it, but they are few and far between.  I've tried it a few times and bug out when I get to the pictures section.  Besides not working correctly, it looks uninviting.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.