Need help asap accidentally deleted shop

So i am working with a web person and she accidentally deleted all my listings through vela and trunk when she removed my listings because we were having synching issues.  I need to have deleted listings readded and i know etsy can do that.  Otherwise i am completely screwed.  This is why i am so mad that ety does not have customer support.  

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
29 Replies

Re: Need help asap accidentally deleted shop

This is why i am mad there is no customer support

1 Like

Etsy has support

community and help - contact us - keep going until you get to "I still need help" 
if you get an auto message reply you still need help, it takes a few days or more, to go up the chain, you will eventually get to someone who can let you know if they will help
A word of warning, Do NOT keep opening tickets, as they close the oldest, and go with the newest, and you never get anywhere, you have to persevere with the original

Etsy may, or may not help,  - you might be better/faster re-adding them yourself

If you are mad at anyone, you should be mad at yourself and your helper, etsy did not do this - I hope you didn't pay your helper , if they are any good, they should know better

9 Likes

Why should i not be mad a etsy?  They honestly should have decent customer support.  I pay them hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and i am one of the top 10 sellers on etsy.  I pay enough to warrant a phone call.  

5 Likes

You should not be mad at Etsy, as It's not etsy's mistake, it's yours, or your helpers, 

I put a link below, which should get you through to log a ticket.

It really doesn't work any faster, than a phone call, as they can't fix it, all they do, is a log a call for you.... they are 3rd parties on the phone. at least if you log it yourself, the correct information is on the ticket, and not the phone persons interpretation of your problem.

0 Likes

You have to open a support ticket, though I'm not sure etsy can reinstate deleted listings.

0 Likes

Yes there is no way to really open a support ticket an i am afrraid the longer i wait the harder it will be to do.  

0 Likes

0 Likes

Are they still in Trunk? You might have an easier time asking for help there. (In case they've been disabled instead of deleted completely?)

0 Likes

it turns out is was through vela.  She removed the listing because we were having glitches on etsy 

0 Likes

Maybe Vela can help? 

I'm so sorry, this must throw you into a terrible panic right now.

0 Likes

Ouch.

0 Likes

There is hope - keep trying to reach support - it's been done in the past @HappyKawaiiSupplies 

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/accidentally-deleted-listings/td-p/19746165

1 Like

0 Likes

I had them help once before when i deleted one listing when there actually was a live chat.  Its great that they raised prices and took away the one feature that actually helped sellers.  

0 Likes

@HappyKawaiiSupplies You seem to think this is Etsy's fault, when it's not. You CAN reach seller support. You could have saved yourself a lot of grief if you had downloaded all your listings before you had a third party work on your shop. For future reference:

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000343508-How-to-Download-Your-Listing-Information

No one here can help you reinstate your listings. This section is only peer support from other sellers. Only Etsy can reinstate your listings.

2 Likes

I know its not etsy fault but i am mad that there is no live chat or immediate customer support on etsy.  I know that this can take days for them to get back to me and right now i know that the longer it takes the more likely that info will no longer be able to be fixed.  I do have a csv but i honestly dont want to pay $1200 to add all my listings back if i dont have to.  

Seriously when someone is having a hard time do you always kick them first?  

4 Likes
DianeMabrey
Conversation Maker

@ChristmasIsLove 

no where did the OP blame Etsy, they are simply trying to get in contact with them. So saying no one can help here, is not true. 

5 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

@HappyKawaiiSupplies.  Chat support is:  Dashboard > Community & Help > Contact Us >Selling on Etsy >Manage Listings, if none of those topics apply, go to the bottom and click  "I Still Need Help". They can put a ticket in for you to get further help.

0 Likes

I can’t imagine the anxiety!! I hope you hear back soon and that they can help you. 

1 Like

since it became difficult to find the links for help, i’ve collected links where sellers mentioned they found help options.  i hope one of these will work for you:

here is the link to the “how to contact support” from the seller’s handbook.

here is a link to initiate chat or email.

here is the link to request a callback.

or try this link or this link to email them.

if you do email them you *should* get an automated reply and once you do, you must reply to that email above the line of asterisks that their automated best guess solutions did not work. all you have to say is something like “i still need help” send the reply, and it should stay active.

2 Likes

thank you so much, i used the callback request and got someone on the phone.  The can reinstate all my listings but it will take a few days and it will actually be pretty much every listing we have ever had.  So we will have to weed out all the old ones but its better than nothing.  They will go inactive so we can activate them as we check them so its not ideal but its better than losing everything!

10 Likes
digitaldoodlebug
Conversation Maker

Etsy support is lacking, but I've never heard of them being able to pull listings out of the delete bin. Hope it's possible.

On a side note I would not continue a working relationship with this person. If they were familiar with etsy they would have known to not delete listings. Deleting things never helps with sync... Even it did and they wanted to test it, they should have tested 1, not your whole store. 

1 Like
eireanneilis
Conversation Maker

This happened to me a few months ago. I sent Etsy a support email but then I think I was also able to start a chat and have them restored. It took a day or 2 but they were able to restore them.

2 Likes

If you can't get your listings reposted then go down to your sold listings copy what you can and add them back into your store. That will at least get you some merchandise listed immediately

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.