MoriNoMajou
Inspiration Seeker

My money was taken, but then my order didn't go through?

Hi, I'm kind of freaked out by this so any help would be much appreciated! I tried to order something just now, and had literally just transferred the money into my current account to pay for it. But when I clicked to proceed with the order, they told me it hadn't gone through because I didn't have enough money for it. So I checked my bank balance again, and found a pending transaction, precisely the amount my order would have cost, labelled as being for Etsy. In other words, I couldn't afford the order... because they charged me for the order?! I don't know if this is a Paypal problem or an Etsy problem, but how would I go about rectifying it?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: My money was taken, but then my order didn't go through?

If the money got taken out of a bank, it will drop in a day if it didn’t go through. You can contact your bank if it still shows pending the next day 

2 Likes
SiroccoAndNorth
Conversation Maker

Check with the shop owner. Have they received your order as yet? Pending means it hasn't gone through as yet so maybe wait a bit and see what happens. 

1 Like

Perhaps you were a bit quick off the mark with your deposit and then purchase for the bank to process one fully before the other.   I wouldn't freak out though because either the payment went through or it didn't as there is no third option where your money gets lost.   If it didn't go through, then the money will show in your account soon and you can repurchase.  

0 Likes
MoriNoMajou
Inspiration Seeker

Hey, as a quick update: as it turns out, the problem is that Etsy keeps charging me twice every time I try to order anything? I have no idea what's going on with that, but obviously it's a pretty massive problem ;;; has anyone else experienced this lately?

0 Likes
Ausleax
Inspiration Seeker

I keep getting this problem too and it's always every time I want to purchase anything from Etsy, I have no clue where to go for support to contact Etsy about the problem but it's really frustrating when it charges you twice, it seems to always be through PayPal too. I haven't yet tried it just through my bank. It's always processing but usually takes a couple of hours to come back into my account. 
But this is a big problem Etsy needs to fix. 

0 Likes

@Ausleax Whilst it is not good to hear any buyer is having difficulty purchasing on Etsy, I am also pleased to see someone else report, from a Buyer's viewpoint, exactly the issue with Pay Pal which I havve been reporting to Etsy for 6 years.

Whenever I have a payment "unexpectedly" fail (that is, the Buyer is legit and has funds etc) it is always a combination of 

1) Australian Buyer

2) Pay Pal option at Checkout

3) Normal verfiication "hold" by Pay Pal

4) Buyer receives notification that transaction is approved

5) Funds clear the Buyer's account

6) Payment fails to process in Etsy

7) Etsy says it is Pay Pal - Pay  Pal says it is Etsy!!!!!!!

I have even had to have the transaction manually cancelled by Etsy Support as the automatic cancellation does not work after a Pay Pal "hold" for verification.

There s a clear "disconnect" between Pay Pal and Etsy Payments for some Australian Buyers and Etsy has done nothing in 6 years to explain or resolve this.

1 Like

@CarpetCollectionAU same thing is happening to my customers - I am new to Etsy, is there no way of contacting them to rectify this? It is very concerning and is a deterrent for customers - mine has tried twice to purchase with no luck  

0 Likes

I suggest your Buyer uses the Visa/Mastercard option NOT the Pay Pal option at Checkout. Once my Buyers changed the option selected the payment went through OK. They even used the same CC, but just not through Pay Pal option at Checkout.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.