JPBeautiful
Inspiration Seeker

My etsy pattern website certificate not secure.

Is anyone else having this trouble? I went to my pattern manager picked a domain and registered it and when you click on "your site" in the pattern manager it states that my website isn't secure. The website certificate is not valid. Does anyone know why? And how can I fix this?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
19 Replies

Re: My etsy pattern website certificate not secure.

website isn't secure. The website certificate is not valid.

@JPBeautiful 

Though I am not familiar with etsy "Pattern", I have seen that message before in other instances.  Though it may not be the case for you, that notice will often appear when YOUR device is set to the wrong date.  If you are using a computer, for example, and your internal battery dies, you are going to have the "date" problem and other invalid certificate notices when you go to other websites as well.

If it is just on etsy, well that would not apply, and it is likely a glitch or they did not pay their SSL fees...LOL.

0 Likes
JPBeautiful
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you. I read about the date and time thing and the date and time is matched on my computer so I have no idea.

0 Likes

Etsy is the ones that maintain the certificates and Pattern website sellers have complained about this for years.

8 Likes
JPBeautiful
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for answering my question. Why don't they fix this issue then?

0 Likes

tbh, it seems like etsy has given up on pattern.

1 Like
JPBeautiful
Inspiration Seeker

Yeah I guess so. I will cancel my domain because if they can't fix this issue then why bother having a website with them.

6 Likes

@JPBeautiful Maybe consider keeping your domain and opening your own website. It’s never a good idea to rely on one marketplace, especially because things change so quickly and often not for the better. Diversification is key.

5 Likes

Etsy no longer has a dedicated support team for Pattern. I reinstated my pattern site on 22nd December and paid the pro rata fee for the month, no issue with my domain name. Admittedly we had Christmas in the way but 8 days later, on 30th my site was still not active. I could find references on google searches to the site from 9 months ago before I deactivated it but even clicking on them show my site as unavailable.

Since a full months fee was due on 1st January I didn't think it prudent to keep the site active and get hit with a $15 fee for nothing. No response or refund on the almost $5 I had paid on the 22nd. 

1 Like

That has been an issue for years.

1 Like
irmaKdesigns
Conversation Maker

@JPBeautiful You could transfer your domain and host somewhere else.

0 Likes

I have the exact same issue with my new Pattern website www.whatmariemakes.com I wrote to Etsy support, let's hope they will do something§

0 Likes

New websites can sometimes take a day or two to get this working.  I just went to your site and did not get a security warning.

0 Likes

New websites can sometimes take a day or two to get this working.  I just went to your site and did not get a security warning.

0 Likes

Etsy stopped with Pattern tech support years ago.  I had a Pattern shop since the start and finally cancelled it last year.  The scary security warning (that sellers have no control over and Etsy won't attend to) was harming my brand reputation. 

3 Likes

This has been happening for YEARS. I  canceled mine after a few months as who wants a website with a security warning scaring people away?!

3 Likes

That happened to me as well, then after I cancelled Pattern I went back to my old site at Go Daddy only to find out that they too were putting up that big warning page unless I paid them. Ugh. I finally transferred everything to Square as they include the SSL. 

0 Likes
AmorAesthetics
Inspiration Seeker

Currently Having this problem too

0 Likes

This is a very old problem which Etsy has been having for years.  Etsy does not have dedicated support for its paid Pattern program.

0 Likes

I recently stumbled into the same issue, however I contacted Etsy and they help me with the problem the same day. I believe they have to do something on their end and it's done every so often. So it can take a few days for that alert to dissappear. I'm a little impatient and decided to reach out to Etsy via chat. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.