The sliding banner photos for 'about this shop' which are usually at the bottom of my main shop page seem to have disappeared, or at least they have to me, can someone have a look please and see if you can see anything? thank you.

Re: My about shop photos have disappeared

Mine are still missing, along with other shops I looked at this morning. @nemeton @GalleryAntiques @I don’t see them in either of your shops. I’m on an iPad using Safari.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
nemeton
Conversation Maker

I’m also on an iPad with Safari and I’m seeing them in other shops as well as mine… Hope this gets properly sorted soon!

1 Like

Mine are still missing.

0 Likes

Mine are missing in both of my shops.

Yesterday, I noticed that this shop had a blank notification so had to redo it.

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Something is going on with these About Page photos.  I don't check every day, but for the last few days, my photos and others have been missing.  I do a Hard Refresh (Ctrl+F5) and they come back, whether it's in my Shop or others Shops (desktop computer, Chrome). I just can't imagine Buyers coming across blank About Page photos and knowing to do the Hard Refresh. 

1 Like
MissPussinBoots
Conversation Maker

@ChillwolfArt your photos are still missing for me (EVERY shop's About Page Photos are still missing for me, including my own). The hard refresh, empty cache, erase cookies, etc. don't fix it, I've tried numerous times.

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@MissPussinBoots  Something is definitely going on with those photos.

1 Like
mikaart
Crafty Poster

A Canadian seller here - mine is gone, too.  I didn't notice it until now.  Is this a test?

0 Likes
FancyTogs
Community Maker

I had a quick look at the page code on firefox. The about photos are being called for and loaded and the carousel is cycling, they're just not appearing.

But, . . . Firefox is also showing a big stack of warnings about problems that could be interfering with the page operation.

eg.

"This page is in Almost Standards Mode. Page layout may be impacted."

"This page is in Quirks Mode. Page layout may be impacted. "

"Request to access cookie or storage on " url deleted by me ” was blocked because it came from a tracker and content blocking is enabled."

So, don't mess with your About photos, it is probably due to a few page coding errors on Etsy's end.

Lawrence (Clare's other half)

3 Likes
thePaperFramer
Conversation Maker

My photos wer4e gone, but are back today

0 Likes

I found this too.  I could see my video but not the photos in the About section.  I contacted Etsy.  They verified that were able to see these photos and sent me screen shots which was helpful.   So they are "kinda" there. And I found I could see them on my phone when using the app too.  I still can't view any About photos when using my laptop or computer.  And I love checking this area out when I'm holiday shopping on Etsy!  It makes me feel a type of connection with the shop owner.  So it's disappointing.

It seems that Etsy listened to our frustrations about these photos not showing correctly when viewed on phones.   That problem has been fixed which is wonderful!  But in the process this appears to have happened.  I've opted to get rid of my About section photos and replace them with a video because I don't want my customers seeing blank screens when viewing this area on computers.  

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.