SmokeyJewelry
Inspiration Seeker

My Etsy store was suspended in error but can not reach any support people to explain situation

I was selling for more than a year my digital products on Etsy and than out of nowhere my store was suspended. I saw that my computer had some error and it created like VPN service ON, I know Etsy does not allow to use vpn but as I did not know my computer had this service on- I logged into my etsy account and it got suspended and right now there is noone I can explain this. Tried to appeal, but denied as looks like they are not looking into issue but sending like regular premaid email.

Is there any chances to get back my store, it was my only income

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
14 Replies
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

Re: My Etsy store was suspended in error but can not reach any support people to explain situation

Here's the help article on appealing a suspended shop:

How to File an Appeal for a Permanently Suspended Account – Etsy Help

On the email you got, is there a spot that says I need more help? You need to try and reply to that email and not open a new ticket as then support thinks your request was handled and you go to the back of the line.

1 Like
SmokeyJewelry
Inspiration Seeker

Re: My Etsy store was suspended in error but can not reach any support people to explain situation

Dont have option to reply to email, tried to submit appeal but they denied it

0 Likes
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

I use VPN and get into my shop without problems. 

I don't think there is much you can do until they tell you why. Did you receive an email with the reason for the suspension?

I am sorry to say this but relying on Etsy for income equals a disaster because they can do what they did to you, at any time. It also happens that good shops die a sudden death for no reason at all. Use other outlets to sell on if you depend on the income.

5 Likes
BlaqKat
Conversation Maker

Same here. I always have my VPN on and I never think about it and I've never had an issue about getting into my shop.

1 Like

It isn't for the VPN.  That is only crucial during sign up and/or if Etsy is suspicious of your identity.  Thousands of sellers use a VPN while running their shop.  

Etsy is currently casting a wide net for resellers.  If you've had any of your product photos stolen and used on the big commerce sites, that may be the issue.  Do a google image search on some of your bestsellers.  If you find them being used elsewhere, that will be the problem.  

0 Likes
SmokeyJewelry
Inspiration Seeker

I was selling digital products, could be that I have be promoting them in pintereset and so on and also product pictures could be found elsewhere via my adds

0 Likes

@SmokeyJewelry: Looking at a cached version of your shop, it appears that you were selling smoking themed items. Unfortunately we cannot tell if you were selling them as handmade or vintage, but undoubtedly having items that look like packs of cigarettes at least flagged some listings. Without more information we can only speculate if that was enough to trigger a shop suspension.

5 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

maybe your account was hacked.

you said you were selling digital downloads.

but when looking at a cached version of your shop.

i see drug paraphernalia.

and infringements like the jack daniels ashtray.

and the images are all over ali-express and amazon.

9 Likes

@nineteen27 

Don't think my question is related to original thread, but I can't seem to start a discussion. I received an email today from Etsy "Sign in to your Etsy account to keep your shop open".  I never sign OFF my shop. Could this be some sort of scam.  It looks very legit.  Thanks

0 Likes
BlaqKat
Conversation Maker

@ThandiTreasures- yes that is a scam.

Visit the forums daily and view all the scam threads. There are lots of scammers trying lots of different things and sadly some succeed.

Always use a browser to double check messages via Etsy convo that are "from Etsy."

On a browser you should see a folder specifically called From Etsy

If a convo is just in the inbox, then it's a scam

2 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

@ThandiTreasures - yes that sounds like a scam, was there a link for you to use? If Etsy needed to tell you something I think you would see it on your dashboard.

1 Like

@LynnsLittleShop 

Thanks for your response. I have never received a message from Etsy on my dashbord, it's always been by email. 

0 Likes

@LynnsLittleShop 

No need to respond, just realized the issue.  I appreciate your response very much.  Have a good afternoon. 

1 Like

@BlaqKat

Thank you for your response. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.