GreatValueMX
Inspiration Seeker

My Etsy store is suspended and set on vacation mode

My Etsy store was put on vacation mode because the seller information could not be verified. I've already corrected everything that was necessary, and 10 days have passed without a response, and my store is still suspended. I have submitted 2 tickets, but there is no response, despite they said that I would be attended to in 1 or 2 days. I have not been able to find a phone number to call, and I have had to do everything through the help center, which is frustrating because I have no response and don't even know if anything else needs to be verified.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
9 Replies

Re: My Etsy store is suspended and set on vacation mode

There is no phone number. Any that you find on the internet is bogus.

We all have to go through the help center. Stop opening new tickets, because then they assume the old one is resolved, and you go back to the end of the line.

2 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

There is no phone number to call. Did you upload your ID?

0 Likes

This happened to me with a shop that they refuse to let me "fix". They kept asking me to correct the information, but every time I went in and fixed the name of the business, it went back to whatever was in there before.... which THEY set in there when the shop changed to allowing business information.  (The shop was super old.)  I actually received an email from them saying they couldn't verify the information that I had uploaded. I responded to that email about the spot that WOULD match it if it would let me, and they responded again saying that they could not verify my information. When I went into the account again, that spot was fixed. 

Something that was mentioned in the email was that if you submit business documents, make sure they have your legal name and the name of the company on them.  That information obviously has to match what is submitted as your information in the Legal and tax information. 

So, this is how I ended up "fixing" my various accounts with issues. If it's a personal account, I uploaded my ID and made sure my SSN was correct and address and everything was formatted the same as my ID (Street vs St or Circle vs Cir... whichever the ID shows is what I put). For a business account, I made sure the exact wording on my business license with the state matched whatever I entered. This means upper and lower case letters, punctuation, etc. I also uploaded a document that showed my legal name along with the business name. I responded to any emails within the 24 hour time period they gave me (even if they don't do the same!). I really do not think a human even helped me in the end because once I fixed something in the form, it automatically recognized my information and it was fixed. So, it's most likely something that is being typed in different than what they have on their end. Oh, and the bank account on file needs to match your name exactly as well. That caused a lot of problems until I got that fixed, too. (My business account needed a business bank account, which was kind of dumb because it's all under my name.)

2 Likes

Incredible. They have gotten too large to have people helping now. It's beyond frustrating to try and run a business with a machine.

0 Likes

Yeah, and just the other day I had to "verify" my main account AGAIN... after 10+ years on here with updated information and everything. All of a sudden, they didn't have something submitted. Threatened to keep all of my money until I uploaded verification... which was there, but they said it wasn't! It's ridiculous!

0 Likes

I'm in the same boat - shop placed on vacation, can't find a real person to actually understand why. I have reached out to them numerous times over the past 10 days and have received no response at all. Everything in my account says 'all good', 'verified' with a green check mark and yet it still is placed on vacation mode. There is no way out. It's beyond frustrating. Companies get too large, and then they forget who actually fills their coffers - it's the seller! How do we proceed when we are faced with a brick wall??

0 Likes

Do you sell on other platforms? It seems Etsy will be taking their sweet time doing their jobs even though they charge us a bunch of money to be on here. My sister and I ended up starting up our own marketplace of sorts and I have been moving items over there for sale. It's not a replacement, yet... but if Etsy keeps trying to keep my money and close my shop because they can't do their jobs, then I might just move everything over and stop dealing with them! 

1 Like

It is HIDEOUS they do not have enough actual humans to help sellers in this position get their information correctly onboarded..even if it is just telling them "This is the hang up..this doesn't match this or you  left out this." especially if the info is right and it is just a formatting issue. making people guess and wait days to weeks to months is AWFUL.especially from a company that expects us to service OUR customers in less than 24 hours.

0 Likes

Since this has happened, with apparently no one at the wheel I'm going to open up another shop on another site so that I'm not just placing all of my eggs in the Etsy basket. This is beyond ridiculous - to not have anyone driving the car but some odd machine? To not respond to any inquiries? This is not the way to run a business - too big to care. Bummer but I thought Etsy would be different. Who here has another store on another site? Which do you like for vintage sales?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.