Missing favourite notifications, connected to slow sales?

So, a friend of mine told me that she had looked in my shop this morning and favourited several items she is interested in, lovely! However, there has been no notification of any of her favourites. I thought it might have been a problem with the app, so checked on my browser, nothing!  This is very strange, is this a technical issue or, perhaps I’m being too suspicious here, is it related to the incredibly slow sales in my shop?

There are lots of posts on the forum about this; I’m an established seller, have had Star Seller consistently, but, yes you’ve guessed it, since about March, a nosedive. Is there any connection between the lack of notifications (I get just a handful of favourites a day at the moment) and the slump that many of us are experiencing?  Any thoughts anyone?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
11 Replies

Re: Missing favourite notifications, connected to slow sales?

@DamsonTreeVintage: It is almost impossible to make accurate cause and effect connections on Etsy, but there are lots and lots of threads in this forum about issues with Etsy notifications so that favorites notifications is one of them is not surprising.

3 Likes

So true, like chasing your tail! Thanks for your response

0 Likes

Try refreshing the page and see if your notifications update. It also could be just another etsy glitch.

1 Like

Hi 

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve done this numerous times, nothing, so very very odd.

1 Like
MaynardMillinery
Conversation Maker

Does she have her favourites set to private?

We used to get a notification that a Secret Admirer had favourited our item when someone with private favourites hearted an item. Now, only public users are shown in the notifications ticker.

2 Likes

I’ll check with her, I don’t think that’s the case as I’ve seen favourites from her before. I’m just at the stage now where I expect the worst, though really don’t want to be massively moaney about it. I’m exploring other options now in terms of selling platforms, it’s all just so much second guessing and impossible to actually know what’s going on. Thank you for the suggestion

1 Like

Same here. For the last few months my shop goes very many hours without any likes which just isn't usual for my shop. Today it has been 21 hours since someone has favourited something. That is very disheartening and makes it all feel very worthless.

6 Likes

Updates only show when sellers add new items or have sales.

Under Recent activity in the shop manager is where favoring of items is shown.  I don't think there has been a notification for that in months.  I don't think Etsy provides visible notification of favoring any longer. 

0 Likes

I can’t say for sure if it’s connected but yes sales have been super slow for the last month or so

I have noticed that over the last six months or so I will see the phrase ‘no recent activity’ come up whenI refresh my activity notifications 

Then sometimes I’ll go to look again later and favorites from earlier that day will show up , as if there has been a lag in updates

Also just in general over the past year or so I have been seeing a lot fewer favorited items than ever before, that could have multiple causes though.

1 Like
PotteryUrns
Conversation Maker

I have noticed a time lag in Dashboard updating some days. Others it seems to update regularly. Sometimes I will see an order and it will be hours before it shows up on Dashboard and other times it is there right away.

1 Like

I don't see all my favorites in the new app either,must be another glitch.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.