Missing Quantity Menus

Jump to solution

I've had a few people message to tell me there is no menu box to select the quantity, I've had a screenshot of this from one customer too. I've checked it  myself on a few devices and it is definitely there... this is something new as have been selling this item for  along time and had a lot of orders so not sure why it's happening

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/813058078/wedding-role-or-name-decals-high-quality

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Missing Quantity Menus

Jump to solution

@OmasFabricStash  I just checked the Buyer app and desktop on mobile.  Only quantity in cart.  I'm guessing it's a test, which is usually user-based.

* Just checked on laptop - I  see the quantity box in that listing page.

View solution in original post

1 Like
19 Replies

Jump to solution

If the price is more than $20 the quantity doesn’t show until the item is put in the shopping cart. I think it’s stupid but that is the way Etsy wants it. 
If the customer doesn’t see it they may need to update the app maybe, or not use the app. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

That's less than $20.  I'm on mobile now, and could select quantity only after adding to cart. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I’m on my iPad and I saw the quantity on the page and didn’t need to put it in the cart. Are you using the app? I don’t use the app so that might be the difference. On the photo in the link the quantity is showing. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@OmasFabricStash  I just checked the Buyer app and desktop on mobile.  Only quantity in cart.  I'm guessing it's a test, which is usually user-based.

* Just checked on laptop - I  see the quantity box in that listing page.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thanks so much, really appreciate the help guys

1 Like

Jump to solution

This seems to be an old issue from Etsy side.. The quantity apparently only shows up on desktop and not mobile, doesn't know about iPads.

My listing here is a great example of this:

https://www.etsy.com/dk-en/listing/842375920/60-years-vintage-stamps-german-stamps

B.r. Claus

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I found out, that its actually NOT the quantity that's missing- but every box beyond 1 that's missing on mobile.

In other words, for this listing:
https://www.etsy.com/dk-en/listing/975633325/souvenir-sheets-mix-from-all-over-the
I have 2 boxes, first an option box and second a quantity box - and on Mobile only the FIRST box is showing.

I think its a very serious technical issue - and I have reported it to ETSY. So hope the take it as serious as we do.
Regards, Claus Dittrich

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I’m going to check to see what happens when I use my Iphone. I know my iPad shows the quantity in the cart if it’s over $20. Sorry for posting this but I couldn’t find the thread by scrolling back, now it should show up in my profile. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thats super - looking forward to hear your answer.

I think it is a mobile browser issue - so your iPhone should also not show more than one select box.

Probably something with the ETSY coding of the site.... I have elevated this to their suppport, so far no answer I could use.

0 Likes
patternsoftime
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Same here, I only noticed when I created a new listing yesterday and checked it.

No quantity field on my desktop on the listing page, there is one when you go into your cart.

This cannot be right, nobody should put something in their cart only to find out then that there is not enough of it available.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I just ran into this problem and wasted a good half hour in the so-called "help" section with no real answers, finally found it here in the forums:

If the item is less than $20 then they will see quantity on the listing page.

If the item is over $20 then they must add the listing to their cart and then they are shown quantity on the Cart page.

I cannot believe how stupid this is! I can't even remember how many times etsy's mentioned how such and such causes buyers to be confused. Well, if this isn't the mother of all that is confusing for the buyer I don't know what is!

I've used variations with different prices for years but never a problem like this before now. Does anyone have the actual announcement or help page section that provides the pretzel logic as per WHY etsy has done this to us?

2 Likes
LizardRoomStudio
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Yeah same thing happening to mine. Extremely frustrating as I sell items that people like to purchase multiple of. Someone bought a single from me recently which has never happened before (always at least two) and that’s what got me looking. 

I really dislike this and imagine it will cause a lot of disappointment both on the seller and customer side. Non-intuitive, confusing, difficult. 

Does etsy support ever see this or do we have to directly complain to have it changed back?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@LizardRoomStudio It has been this way for over 2 years if not longer.

It must be working for Etsy and the buyers because there seems to be no move to change it.  In the order it is very easy to see the quantity button.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@LizardRoomStudio 

They probably put a LOT of time and money into whatever meeting(s) they had to come to this decision and in my experience they don't do a lot of explaining why they do this to us. Probably some market research or skewed survey gave them the necessary evidence they needed to make that change.

What I found that has worked, although pretty tacky and cheesy in my opinion, was for me to add another variation called, "TEST Do Not Order" and put $19.99 as the price. Viola! I now have all the variations with quantities showing in those listings.

As a consumer myself I find it highly irritating when I see those, "Too low to show! Add to cart to see price."

And with etsy they don't even tell our buyers that there might be more than one. Again, as a consumer, if I wanted two or three of something that was legit available I'm going to pass over that listing because, first of all, there's NO indication that there are more than one of whatever variation available! There's nothing there to indicate that I can see quantities in my cart but I'm pretty sure, if I had to guess, that etsy's banking on people adding it to their cart so they can then incessantly harass them with one of those side pop outs to "HURRY AND ORDER!" whenever they sign back in.

Whoever came up with and/or authorized this feature is out of touch with reality.

1 Like
LizardRoomStudio
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

@JDTotesnDolls  strange, it only just happened to my shop. Was never this way in the past. 

pretty disappointing 

@FunkyJunkyVintage yes even as a consumer I find this confusing and I’ve only just noticed it both on the buying and selling side! 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@LizardRoomStudio 

Yes, and even more confusing when advice is given with that, "Well, it never happened to me so it's not a problem."

I find it mentally exhausting to constantly have to stay on top of the constant change, and many times change without notice, or finding out by ambush like I did. Sellers who give productive, heads up advice are such an asset. Why etsy constantly tweaks and changes our shops is a given, I get that. But it's a pain in the a$$, isn't it?

Am I supposed to read the entire TOUs every day just to see if etsy changed anything? I find that a lot, a LOT, of things etsy changes aren't even in their own announcements here in the forums. One needs to be practically psychic to stay on top of things.

I'd probably be more welcome to a little, "What's new," corner on my dashboard, even if it was one of those GRRRR eliciting changes, at least I'd be aware of it instead of finding out months or years after the fact!

0 Likes
PawOnTheHeart
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Hello, I have the same problem ir my listings: there is no menu box to select the quantity in my listing :(. Is there need to send special message to support centr to solve it?!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I was extremely frustrated this morning (chat open 2 hours) with the same issue. A customer wanted more than one of an item. After the first hour, chat support said if I had an item over $20 they have to add it to cart to see that there's more than one. There are 5 available. I asked why low stock? What's the threshhold? Going from 3 to 2, going from 20 to 19? There was no answer. Is it a percentage of original listed quantity? No answer. I asked for a copy of the transcript on my iPad. "There are three dots, email a copy." I said that wasn't available. Asked again for transcript and a fifth time for clarification of what is considered low stock. No answer.

I said that I only heard from one customer this morning  - how many others have walked away because my total quantity available is not appearing? I asked when did these policies go into effect. After several more questions and non-answers I was told maybe 2020. I do preview my listings before I publish and have not seen these.

I asked why the $20 limit? The answer was ridiculous. That's a lot of money for some people to spend. So I snarkily said, you're not the police. You can't change people's budgeting behavior.

Has anyone found workarounds for items? I stated I shouldn't have to state on my home page that Etsy won't allow you to buy more than one quantity of a $20 or more item unless you put it in your cart. Etsy says low stock when one item has been purchased? This is not conducive to sales.

Good luck to all!

1 Like

Jump to solution

@patontheback 

What I found that has worked, although pretty tacky and cheesy in my opinion, was for me to add another variation called, "TEST Do Not Order" and put $19.99 as the price. Viola! I now have all the variations with quantities showing in those listings.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.