Jump to solution

I am not getting notifications of new messages. I used to get a dot beside messages when I had a new one. Unfortunately, I just saw there was a new message from 3 days ago and I feel terrible for not responding immediately. Please help.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Messages

Jump to solution

@AvaBowtiquee: There are lots and lots of threads in this forum about issues with app and eMail notifications. The consensus is that a seller needs to check their orders and messages pages at least daily via a browser until these issues are resolved.

View solution in original post

3 Likes
9 Replies
SVGRox
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Is this on the app? Might be worth feeding back as a bug for Etsy to investigate

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm sorry, but no one here can help you.

Etsy will not adjust your Star Seller metric.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@AvaBowtiquee: There are lots and lots of threads in this forum about issues with app and eMail notifications. The consensus is that a seller needs to check their orders and messages pages at least daily via a browser until these issues are resolved.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response, but I don't use the app and was using etsy through a browser. That's what made it so surprising.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@AvaBowtiquee: Sorry, probably did not make myself clear. The point was not to rely on (eMail or other) notifications alone. Assuming that the eMail is sent, too many bad things can happen between Etsy's mail server and your eMail client ...

Hopefully the messages page and the orders page are always current when viewed via a browser.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I received a message that was a marketing service from a fellow seller. I sent it to spam. Half an hour later it showed up in my inbox, the same message. (I looked at the time stamp) This time I couldn't mark it as spam so replied with a no thanks and don't message me again. Auto reply didn't respond either which I have set up.

Is this another etsy glitch??? Fix this site etsy!!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue today.  No message notification on my browser or on the app.  In the app, it shows a number 1 on messages but didn't notify.  Browser is not showing it at all.   strange.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Starting last Oct this has been my experience as well. I am sometimes getting notifications and sometimes not--on EVRYTHING! (except Etsy's spam--it always comes thru!). Transactions, shipping of orders both bought and sold, messages, you name it. IT is so aggravating as it is a "sometimes" thing. Also "sometimes"  the orange dot will show and "sometimes" not so I have to click thru everything at least 1-2 x's a day. And I use a BROWSER 100% of the time--so that is no guarantee.

1 Like
TerrapinKnits
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Yes, I thought it was just me, but  I had a ridiculous conversation with an ETSY "help" bot, then came here, and now I see it's a general thing.  So aggravating, since the message notifications used to be completely reliable. Between the star seller rubric and the lack of notifications, I think ETSY just wants us to check our site every single day, (even if we are doing this part time). It does make their site visit stats higher, which might be useful for entrepreneurial fundraising projects.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.