YCnewdesignshop
Inspiration Seeker

Messages were sent to more than 30 sellers from my etsy account without my knowledge

Bugün etsy hesabımdan 30'dan fazla satıcıya mesaj geldi. mesaj içeriği; merhaba, ardından satıcı tarafından listelenen bir ürüne bir bağlantı geliyor.

Ayrıca web tarayıcısından hesabıma baktığımda dil seçeneği Rusça olarak seçili. Konumum Almanya olarak değiştirildi. Mesaj gönderen satıcıların neredeyse tamamı Almanya'dan.

Etsy konusunda yardım istedim. Bu hatanın neden oluştuğunu araştıracaklarını söylediler ancak mesaj atan kişilerin şikayetçi olması durumunda hesabımın askıya alınmasından korkuyorum.

Bu çok korkutucu. Bu sorunun etsy'de nasıl oluştuğuna dair hiçbir fikrim yok. Daha önce bu sorunla karşılaşan ve bana yardımcı olabilecek biri varsa minnettar olurum. Bana yol gösterebilecek biri var mı?
teşekkürler.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Messages were sent to more than 30 sellers from my etsy account without my knowledge

That would certainly be a scary thing to any seller. If someone has hacked your Etsy shop account to the point where they can change your location, they probably have access to your shop banking info on file with Etsy. I would be more concerned about that than the messages. Even if Etsy does figure out what happened and shuts out whoever got into your account, they still could have record of your banking info.

0 Likes
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

Re: Messages were sent to more than 30 sellers from my etsy account without my knowledge

I would change my password immediately, then go through all information ,including your financial accounts,  credit card etc.

If you don't have 2 step verification, set it up. 

It sounds as if someone hacked your account. Also check your computer or your phone, where you log into Etsy and make sure it isn't compromised. 

Do not wait for Etsy, secure your account while you have access to it. 

0 Likes
KGarnerDesigns
Conversation Maker

Change your password if you haven't already done so, enable 2 factor authentication if it's available to you, and check your account to make sure your contact and banking information are correct.

I think you're already at risk of losing access to the conversation system for sending spam messages - I would consider sending a follow up message to all 30 recipients explaining what happened.

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@KGarnerDesigns it's probably not a good idea to send further spam messages (Etsy will see them as SPAM if they are all the same).

0 Likes

Is this the message system or actual email?

If email then your emai was hacked.

If message system then your shop has been hacked.  Check your bank account and if listed credit card numbers.

This is not just an Etsy happening.  Emails and phone data can be hacked and then used to hack a shop on Etsy.  It can be used for other reasons too.

You may need to contact your bank to alert them that your account may be compromised.  Same with credit card.

What to Do if You Suspect Fraud in Your Etsy Account – Etsy Help

Make sure you are working from a clean computer.  If you use a phone, your phone may have been hacked.

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Check your sign in history to see if someone from another country logged in. Remember that locations are appropriate and could be that of your internet provider.

Go to my profile (the round avatar on the Etsy home page) and click on Settings, then Security

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.