Message to Buyer Not Going Through

I have a buyer that asked if special requests can be added to her order. I am trying to respond and let her know I'd be happy to and let her know the options. I have written it 4 times (twice on iMac and MacBook). When I hit send my message disappears and looks to start with a blank message again.  

Is anyone else having this  problem or know the solution?  I like to respond to my customers quickly and this is slowing it down. I do have her email, since she purchased, but if I cannot send messages to a customer with a question before purchasing I have no way to reach them since we do not receive their email.  TIA

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Re: Message to Buyer Not Going Through

I could not find a solution to this in the forums but here is chat if you want to report it.

Here is a link to initiate chat or email. 

0 Likes

Thank you. I have started an email but maybe should try chat instead. I'm surprised I could not find this issue in the forums. Never had this problem since 2013.

0 Likes

I received an order and was sending a message to the buyer but the message got attached to one that I sent to her approximately 2 years ago.  What is strange is that the right order number comes up at the top of the message.  Also, when I go back and actually look at the current order, the message is not there.    I hope that we can find a resolution to this soon.

1 Like

Yes, that IS strange! I keep hoping when I go back to the order the message will show. Except, if it does end up showing my customer would probably have 4 of the same message from me. That would not be good either. Yes, I hope there is a resolution soon. Thank you for taking to time to respond and letting me know I am not the only one. 

0 Likes

I posted about this 2 days ago. I reply with thank you and ETA as orders arrive. For first time buyers, my message shows as sent. For all return customers  it does not show as sent BUT it does show up in “messages “ attached to last message from/to that buyer…even if the last purchase was a year or two ago. Verrry annoying . I need to see that thank you/ETA when I look at the order. 1 hour “chat” had no answers, nor did I receive the follow up I was promised.

update: just got email with ticket number that someone will look into the chat.

0 Likes

I am sorry this is affecting you also.  My customers customer is a first time buyer and message still does not send. Hmm.

Hopefully, you get good results when Etsy responds to your request.  Let us know.

0 Likes

It is not if the person is a first time customer - it is if there has been a previous convo with them. The "improvement' appears to attach all new convos into a single thread, whether they are related or not,

2 Likes
BetseysBeauties
Conversation Maker

Apparently, this is a "known" glitch that has recently occurred. Not sure if Etsy is investigating or attempting to fix but the Forums have indicated that this is, in fact, a technical issue. 

0 Likes

Glad to hear that this is technical issue.  Certainly makes no sense at all attaching new messages to past sales, especially when one customer has numerous transactions.  Looking forward to it getting fixed! 

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.