Message sent to customer links to previous message from repeat buyer

Jump to solution

I send a mockup for customers to approve with there purchase. I send messages from the order page so it's linked to the invoice. If I have a repeat buyer the new message I send is getting added to a previous message/invoice and shows "No messages about this order yet" when looking at the invoice. This is confusing to me and my customers as I am getting messages they think they will be getting the wrong item (what they already received from previous order).

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Message sent to customer links to previous message from repeat buyer

Jump to solution

This may relate to the star seller message counting. There were complaints about buyers sending several messages in different threads, and the need to respond to all of them, so Etsy is putting them all together in the same thread.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
nottoto
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

I am seeing this glitch too.  For example, I may send a quick 'thank you greeting' to a buyer from the Sold Orders page, and as soon as I hit enter, that message disappears as though I never sent anything, but when I go to their convos on the Messages page, that same message can now be seen appended to the most recent convo thread I’ve had with them, even if my new message is not relevant to the contents of that older thread.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

This may relate to the star seller message counting. There were complaints about buyers sending several messages in different threads, and the need to respond to all of them, so Etsy is putting them all together in the same thread.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

OK Etsy, we don't need all our sent messages appearing in the inbox. Literally no email works that way.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Star seller obviously does : -(

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Well if they're keeping track of feedback as they're trying to figure it out (10 years here and I do not ever understand why they don't have a sandbox site to test things on), they should be able to do what they're trying to do without putting sent messages in the inbox. That's going to create more problems than it fixes.

I agree with your sentiment though. Frustrated too.

2 Likes
nottoto
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

@ProjectoAlfarroba You have a really good point!  in my case, it was a new and outbound message from the Sold Orders page (from me to a buyer), and as soon as I sent it, the message disappeared as though it never existed.  At the very least, Etsy should provide some sort of placeholder saying ‘Your message was sent and archived here: _____’.  When I saw it disappear however, I assumed Etsy glitched, so I sent it again.  Later, I found my two messages in a thread my buyer and I had previously used on the Messages page.

If this is Etsy's desired action of combining messages together (whether inbound or outbound), I wish they would at least provide that placeholder message.  wishful thinking?   

1 Like

Jump to solution

"wishful thinking?  "

Yes. It´s Etsy you are dealing with. They don´t like to make things easy for sellers : ).

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes. This is a problem when a seller cannot view a  messsage sent to a buyer on the order page. Please do not place new message with past order messsages. It makes me think I did not contact my buyer.

1 Like

Jump to solution

This problem is not resolved.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This problem occurred again. My message does not show on the current order page. When I go to messages, the message I sent for her most recent order shows an order she placed 10 years ago on the side bar!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Messages are no longer linking to Guest Checkout orders either. It makes it very difficult to know who is messaging about which order.

1 Like
ClassX
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I'm getting messages that won't attach to today's orders, but are going onto orders from five years ago!

They aren't a chain of messages.  Today's orders aren't even included on the same message page.  Something is very wrong.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

"... it will also make managing all your messages much more streamlined." That may be true for some, perhaps even many, sellers, but in our case this will be the exact opposite. We have many repeat customers where we have multiple special requests or inquiries and them all being lumped into a single thread will make it a nightmare to manage and to make it obvious which matter is being addressed. Plus I suspect it will actually make it easier to miss an incoming message because it will be buried amongst unrelated convos.

If you send a message to a customer from an order using the 'message buyer' button, the message gets attached to some other convo, but DOES NOT show up on the order itself ! So if a customer contacts us about an order they placed, will it show up on that order or just randomly in the in box ?

Whoever approved these changes clearly does not manage a real and active Etsy shop or they would know that these improvements abysmally fail to "make managing all your messages much more streamlined."

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.