moonstylegifts
Inspiration Seeker

Message response rate error

Hello,

We had a little issue with a customer's message and would like to get your assistance to correct our reputation.

One of our shop guests sent us a direct message but right after that sent the same message as a shop question. We responded to the customer in short period but the other message was left unresponded since we did not realize they are different platforms. We are quite new seller and trying to keep our profile at high scores and that questions degrades our score. We are quite quick to respond to each message normally. Is there a way to fix that problem? We would be so contended if you could assist us for this double messaging.

Regards

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
15 Replies

Re: Message response rate error

If the message not responded to was not a help request, you can mark it as spam (help requests can't be spammed). Otherwise, no, there is nothing else you can do besides learn from the experience and realize going forward you need to respond to all messages that come in, even if they are identical. I recently had someone that sent me a message asking about size, then placed an order and immediately sent a help request with the same question about size. If I cared about the response rate I knew I had to respond to them in both places, even though it was the same question. Many people answer the second one with 'see answer in other thread' or something. 

1 Like
moonstylegifts
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks for this information. I realize that I need to be more careful.

0 Likes

@moonstylegifts There really is no solution when this happens.  Next time the option you have is to reply to the second message stating that you answered the customer's question in the other thread (or convo).
Some advocate marking one of the messages as spam, but I've heard that makes it so that person's messages always go straight to spam—something you want to avoid happening with a potential or current customer.

1 Like
moonstylegifts
Inspiration Seeker

For small businesses like us, expecting 95% quick message response rate and providing customers opening as many messaging sections as they want creates negative results and decrease our sales potential.

0 Likes

Generally you're not going to have more than 2 message sections. Anything in your regular messages will get combined. Anything as a help request is separate. 

1 Like

@moonstylegifts I believe what you experienced was something that generally doesn't happen.  I've been on here since '09 and never had that happen.  Now you know and will be able to catch it if it happens again.  I'm sure you'll have your 100% soon!

0 Likes

Hello, I've been trying to respond to a message (I don't think it's a customer because they're asking if I want to increase my sa'les = that's how they spelled it).  But I'm getting an error "The username you have entered is not a valid Etsy user."  I've responded to other messages before and I never received that error.  I don't wan to get dinged for not responding.  Can someone please help me?

I've also tried reaching out to Etsy support but I don't think I'm reaching anyone.  I would great appreciate and input or suggestions.

0 Likes

@ShoppeByTutuFinds: The "The username you have entered is not a valid Etsy user." message almost always means that the account has been closed (either by the person or by Etsy - in this case probably the latter). Just in case, try to mark the message as SPAM.

2 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@ShoppeByTutuFinds  Just mark as spam.

1 Like

I did already.  Thank you @BagmakerSupply & @NanaLetha 

0 Likes

Hello again, just wanted to confirm...I received a message - not "From Etsy" - saying my sales are suspended and I have to complete a verification form.  I've been receiving several messages since I just got an order in today saying that I have to verify all sorts of things --- from either "Etsy Staff", "TechSupport", or just "Etsy" and I've marked all of them as spam.  Is there any way to report these messages to the actualy Etsy tech support?  Or do I just have to keep marking them as spam?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes

Just keep marking them as spam. 

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@ShoppeByTutuFinds  

Hi, There has been an infestation of scammers here unfortunately, targeting new Sellers as well as seasoned ones. Oftentimes, they appear shortly after someone lists their first item/s. These thieves are using "Verification" as one of their scams, posing as Etsy Staff/Support, etc.   When you receive a LEGIT Message from Etsy Support/Staff, etc., it will appear in the "From Etsy" Folder (in Messages). If it isn't there, Mark the Message as Spam (so you don't get dinged for S Seller).  *The "From Etsy" Folder is not on the App, however (you must use a browser instead).

Also for future, many scammers are posing as "Buyers", stating they need your email for an Order. They don't, Etsy already has it. When you receive a LEGIT Order, it will appear in "Orders & Shipping" (Left Column of Shop Dashboard); if it isn't there, you have no Order.  Mark the scammer's Message as Spam (so you don't get dinged for S Seller).  And never click on links or engage with them.

Honestly, I don't get why Etsy can't nail these FAKE accounts who are impersonating Etsy Staff/Support, etc. It's happening way too often. Here is the Announcement about the "From Etsy" Folder (currently this is in past Announcements).
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/New-From-Etsy-section-in-Messages/m-p/143722497#M1899

Here is the other Announcement "Protect Your Account from Scammers" (it is also in past Announcements, but recently was re-pinned top of Forum).
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/Protect-Your-Account-From-Scammers/m-p/143158945#M1882

Hope this is helpful to you, and may this garbage cease.

1 Like

Thank you @audreytherese .

Thank you so much for your indepth advice @ChillwolfArt I really appreciate it.  I pretty much figured it out but hearing it from more experienced Etsy sellers really helped me.  I agree, Etsy should be able to let us report these scammers.  I'm actually not making any money with this yet and it's just so stressful to have to deal with these thieves.  Thank you again.

1 Like

Marking them as spam sorta lets Etsy know about them.

If everyone "reported" these scams to Etsy all they would get done is to respond to all the thousands of reports that would be made.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.