Message issue

I know someone just sent me a message, but it isn't there.  I saw one of those pop ups in the bottom right hand corner that you get when someone messages you.  You all know what I mean.  You can see who its from and the very beginning of it.  It was a certain seller answering a help request.  I go to messages and it isn't there.  It shows  that there was activity on that message thread 5 minutes ago, but there's nothing.  I sent the request yesterday.  

Could one of you send me a message.  I want to make sure I can receive them. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
13 Replies
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Re: Message issue

Check to see if it's in your SPAM folder. If you have ever spammed a message from that seller in the past then there's a chance future messages might be put there automatically.

If you have the notifications turned on then you should have also revived it as an email.

1 Like

Checked spam folder and no not there.

0 Likes

It might have been a scam message and Etsy already intercepted it and closed the account before you could answer. 

1 Like

No, like I said, I could see it was from the seller I was trying to contact and the first few words of her message. 

0 Likes

@EccentricHandbags  - If I read your post correctly you sent a shop a Help Request on Saturday & you're pretty sure you got a reply on Sunday but you can't see the message. I remember your thread from the other day on being able to send replies.

It's 8:51 am EST on Monday, 19th. Just sent you a message thru your shop contact link.

0 Likes

Yes, this is a different issue with messages.  I did get yours and JJewelrysupplies messages.  

There was also at least one other thread about this yesterday.  It is likely that again some messages are being sent and floating around for hours before they show up.  I still don't have the message from that seller.

0 Likes

@EccentricHandbags  - I think the disturbing part is that it might be possible Etsy knows there is an issue with the messaging system.
They have made a number of changes recently. 
Now they're just waiting to see how many shop owners report issues? Then they will prioritize the fix based on the numbers?
Though if shops don't even catch a glimpse of a message, or only have but one message to reply to, how will they know to report a problem?

Hopefully normalcy will reign soon. 

0 Likes

Yes, I think this is happening because they have been fixing on things in the first place.  They broke it and now they've moved on to something else.  

What I saw even had the orange dot with a 1 in it, but no message when I went to look. 

0 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Did you contact the sender and ask them?

0 Likes

I contacted them in the first place by help request and regular message because lately I also can't send or answer messages either, but maybe I should try again.  Its Etsy fixing stuff again.  

0 Likes

I've seen that ... and found the message in my spam folder.

I also have messages routed to my email ... so might be able to see it there.

sometimes it feels like things are happening ... but out of sync. Look at your messages later today.

2 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Funny thing, though.

Since all of this message c*ck up business started, I'm getting my messages but no longer getting consistent email notifications  of them.

0 Likes
TastefulArtisan
Conversation Maker

Messages used to be pretty much the one thing that actually worked like it is supposed to but from yesterday afternoonish or so, new messages come in that aren't being shown, like what the OP is having. Or they come in but no message icon notification. Replies to messages have no notification indicator. 

Replies I've sent, including proofs, are not being delivered.

I'm fielding questions like...I wanted this tiny change and want another proof but haven't heard from you. I have to message back and politely say I replied, with your tiny change, 14 hours ago. Then I have to repeat the process all while waiting for people who have more time than me.

I have only used an auto-responder like 3 times but I set it up last night and am leaving it on until Etsy stops playing with what used to work perfectly.

Sometimes, I feel like a lab rat in Etsy's labyrinth. 

And I don't like it.

Not one bit.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.