Tfigureshop
Inspiration Seeker

Message from Technical Support

Hello folks,

i got this message in my app can anyone tell me is this real or spam. I have done the verification already and I didn’t see anything in my payment settings. ??

”””️Sales in your store are temporarily suspended to complete verification.
Please provide your email address so we can send you a verification form.

Order processing system! Hello, your shop is temporarily unable to accept new orders. To restore the shop and see new orders in your profile, please
write your е-Mаil аddress in the chat. You will be sent a notification where you can complete a simple verification. Regards, Etsy.”””

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies

Re: Message from Technical Support

Scam.  Etsy already has your email address.  Etsy messages will come in the from Etsy folder.  

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Re: Message from Technical Support

Nope, this is a scammer.  There has been an infestation of them here unfortunately, targeting new Sellers as well as seasoned ones. Oftentimes, they appear shortly after someone lists their first item/s. These thieves are using "Verification" as one of their scams, posing as Etsy Staff/Support, etc.   When you receive a LEGIT Message from Etsy Support/Staff, etc., it will appear in the "From Etsy" Folder (in Messages). If it isn't there, Mark the Message as Spam (so you don't get dinged for S Seller).  *The "From Etsy" Folder is not on the App, however (you must use a browser instead).

Also for future, many scammers are posing as "Buyers", stating they need your email for an Order. They don't, Etsy already has it. When you receive a LEGIT Order, it will appear in "Orders & Shipping" (Left Column of Shop Dashboard); if it isn't there, you have no Order.  Mark the scammer's Message as Spam (so you don't get dinged for S Seller).  And never click on links or engage with them.

Honestly, I don't get why Etsy can't nail these FAKE accounts who are impersonating Etsy Staff/Support, etc. It's happening way too often. Here is the Announcement about the "From Etsy" Folder (currently this is in past Announcements).
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/New-From-Etsy-section-in-Messages/m-p/143722497#M1899

Here is the other Announcement "Protect Your Account from Scammers" (it was in past Announcements, but recently has been re-pinned).
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/Protect-Your-Account-From-Scammers/m-p/143158945#M1882

Hope this is helpful to you.

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.