Many "active" listings are showing with an expired date of 2022

I renewed many listings--so they are active-- and so many of them are showing up saying "Expires February .., 2022."  I want the listings that are truly active to show as active and for would-be customers not to be confused by this. Is anyone experiencing this?

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Many "active" listings are showing with an expired date of 2022

They are showing as active in your shop. What makes you think they are not?

0 Likes

Well, I worried because the expiration date was showing significantly in the past with the year 2022, so I wasn't confident that it was truly showing as items that could be purchased. Thank you for checking on that to verify its "active" status.

0 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

They're active until Etsy catches up, renews them all at the same time so they all expire on the same day and, more likely than not, hits you with a gigantic renewal bill.

3 Likes

Yep--I did renew a bunch all at once, and so will mentally and financially prepare for that eventuality.

0 Likes

@SerendipityinMay: On the upside, (since undoubtedly you have already budgeted for the renewal fees) you are using Etsy's money interest free.

0 Likes

Customers would have no idea when your listings are supposed to expire, so there's no confusion there.

2 Likes

@SerendipityinMay  - I'm just a bit confused. You say "renewed many listings--so they are active-- and so many of them are showing up saying "Expires February .., 2022."

If you renewed listing recently (the .20 gets you 4 months) and for some reason the data on that listing is not showing the correct expiration date then you need to contact Etsy. Look in your shop's finance section to see if Etsy really did charge you for the renewal first.

If your saying that you have items that sold but for some reason are still in your shop then delete or deactivate them immediately. 

If you have items in your shop that are set to manual renewal & you didn't renew them upon expiration but Etsy has allowed them to remain in your shop, then as mentioned this is an Etsy glitch. 
It's quite possible that if you go into vacation mode or go to edit these listings, the glitch will magically disappear. Etsy will charge you a renewal fee & probably charge for the 2 years or so that they have remained active in your shop. 
And yes, the glitch could disappear tomorrow without you doing anything & you will be charged renewal fees. 

0 Likes

Thank you so much for this advice!! I really do appreciate it, and will do some additional researching to see exactly what has been done (.20 fees, etc)

1 Like

I've just added a bunch of new listings that I'd created and saved as drafts over the last couple of days. When I went to publish the listings it told me the expiry date would be 24 April 2024 - so something seems off with renewal dates. So far they've published fine but I will be keeping an eye on them.

0 Likes

This has been an known issue for many Shops for well over 2 years now.

In another of my Shops I have 10 of 20 pages of listings which should have expired (set to manual renew) but which have been acontinually "active" since late 2021.

I have contacted Etsy many times. No one seemed to understand or be even concerned and the issue has never been resolved.

In order to avoid having over 400 Listings renew on one day, should Etsy ever consider this an issue worthy of rectification, I periodically renew.

By my calculation, I have received about $ 680 of Free Listings over the duration. If Etsy is not concerned about loss of revenue of this size, then I am not concerned either.

Just to reassure the OP, these outdated / failed to expire Listings are still very much alive and I am making Sales from them daily.

1 Like
TastefulArtisan
Conversation Maker

Same here. Pages of listings that "expired" months and in some, years ago.

If it's something I no longer want to offer or prefer to retire the design or re-do it, I'll deactivate, change and then renew.

Either way, I enjoy using the listing and figure if and when Etsy catches up, then any fees from those are ones I would have paid anyway.

I too continue to sell items that should have expired over a year ago and even thought it automatically renews, the expiration date never changes.

I figure Etsy is the yogurt in the fridge. It may say expired but it's still good even a year or so after ; )

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.