Manual Tracking not being recognised after moving to Transglobal following Royal Mail Cyber attack

Jump to solution

As Royal Mail have suspended international shipping I have sent some parcels with tracking using Transglobal.

I have manually entered the tracking as I always do for Royal Mail (I use drop and go at the post office)

My star seller stats for shipping have gone from 100% to 99% this morning.

I have no choice but to keep sending Transglobal as Royal Mail International is suspended. Therefore my stats will continue to drop which is an error and unfair to UK sellers who are doing everything to keep going following the UK postal nighmares. 

I have spoken to Etsy support and they have told me to put it in the forums as Technical staff monitor the forums? - Please help!

This will probably be affecting many other UK sellers too. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Manual Tracking not being recognised after moving to Transglobal following Royal Mail Cyber atta

Jump to solution

I think I may have got to the bottom of it - I think I selected UPS as the carrier and it was USPS!! I take it this is not one and the same!? I have shipped more today so I will find out when I check star seller tomorrow. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies

Re: Manual Tracking not being recognised after moving to Transglobal following Royal Mail Cyber atta

Jump to solution

Are you using USPS, if so you need to choose 'other' and put USPS in and the USPS tracking number, it is on the label.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I did all of that but when I checked Star Seller it is saying that I dont have tracking on these parcels. Even though I have manually entered it on the orders as I marked them as shipped!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

to add Royal Mail tracking or Evri tracking you have to first integrate with your Etsy shop and link to your accounts 

So here's a thought....

I'm assuming you have to open an account with the supplier mentioned, so id suggest  see if you can integrate with Etsy 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have never integrated my shop with Royal Mail. I always manually input the tracking number for Royal Mail and until these new orders sent with transglobal I had 100% for star seller for shipping with tracking on time.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I use Royal Mail all the time, my shop isn't integrated and Etsy accept the tracking number. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hi

Very frustrating. We have lots of orders to go out by RM and cannot even print the labels. As our products are relatively low cost any courier service means we just lose money. Which service are you using from Transglobal? Our 100% Star Seller despatch status will no doubt begin to drop as well.

Thanks

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You can't print the labels as you can't ship with Royal Mail. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Its so frustrating isn't it! 

I have picked USPS for the US and Landmark Global for my European. Both around £5/£6 and then one collection fee of £7.95 for all. You have to put them all together in one box for collection and then they will split them out at the Transglobal Depo. As long as I send a few at a time it will actually work out cheaper. Just a bit more work getting them together and you have to book the day before. 

Hope this might work for you!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I think I may have got to the bottom of it - I think I selected UPS as the carrier and it was USPS!! I take it this is not one and the same!? I have shipped more today so I will find out when I check star seller tomorrow. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DropsOfEarthShop 

You may still be able to change the shipping details where you track the package, change it to usps and then out the tracking number in. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thank you, yes I have been able to edit to USPS! My silly mistake, at least it should recognise it going forward

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DropsOfEarthShop @CuriosAnCollectibles Yes if you buy Royal Mail labels through Etsy possibly NO if you buy with Royal Mail click and drop or A.N.O. these you have to link to your shop  and why I was suggesting trying this as a possible solution .

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help @VINTAGEbytheMAGPIE 

It does normally accept my manually entering the RM tracking number as I buy and post them via Drop and Go. My small village Post office dislikes my parcels as it is so at least he gets a little commission

Turns out it was my mistake though with the new courier tracking. I selected UPS not USPS! 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

No, UPS and USPS are not the same.

USPS - United States Postal Service.

UPS - United Parcel Service

1 Like

Jump to solution

So that’s what it stands for! I suppose at least all this RM mess is pushing me to Learn a lot more about shipping! 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Same - all my international sales were affected - and even though I dispatched on time using an alternative courier - my stats went down to 84% in a week! Stuff this! I work my ass off to ensure my orders are not late going out, I always give tracking to customers but because Etsy cant think of a software solution to a UK Royal Mail problem - UK sellers get penalised? Nah. You dont deserve or cater for true small businesses any more Etsy,

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.