Major Tech Problem

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone, I am so disappointed in Etsy, I have asked them to call me. ( No call) I have tried at least four times reaching out to fix this problem. Back in August they said I did not reply back in 24 hours. My message rating is stuck on 94%.  It does not add new messages. This really concerns me. It is disappointing not to get the Star Seller which O earned but what if I have another greater problem. What is happening with Etsy?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Major Tech Problem

Jump to solution

Hello @TamJewelryandUniques,

We've double-checked your Star Seller for the previous review period and we can confirm that the Message Response Rate calculated all eligible messages. Upon further checking, it appears that the messages you've received from October 25, 2022 - October 29, 2022 were all on-going conversation. 

Please remember that your response rate shows the percentage of initial messages that you reply to within 24 hours in your current 3-month evaluation period—just the first message, not ongoing conversations. Additionally, messages sent on the last two days of the 3-month review period may be excluded from the current review period and counted towards the next period instead. This is to allow Sellers a full 24 hours to respond and not be penalized for messages received late on the final day of the review period.

Thank you very much!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
bitsyshandmade
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

If you are emailing Etsy for help, do not start new messages but only respond to the original response from Etsy stating that you need help.  Everytime you start a new message it puts you at the bottom of the ladder.  As far as the star seller badge, I wouldn't be concerned.  Especially since they give it to resellers, etc.  I don't think Etsy will call you for an issue with the star seller badge.  If your message response time is not updating, then I would address this issue with Etsy and not mention the star seller badge.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you do much for your advice. I actually did not ask for help on Star Seller this last time.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Etsy will not call you back about the SSB. They have repeatedly told us all that the metrics cannot be changed manually.

Was the non-response about a purchase you made? Still counts. Was it a new message that you thought was part of a continuing thread? Still counts. 

Seriously, don't worry about it. That August non-response will fall off on Dec. 1.  

I do understand your concern about "what if" you had a more serious problem, though.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thank you for responding. It is just so disappointing because basically the Star Seller is not working. I think it messed up when they were working on a new device auto reply. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@TamJewelryandUniques: Have you looked at the applicable CSV file? The Star Seller metric counts only the FIRST message of a NEW thread.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello @TamJewelryandUniques,

We've double-checked your Star Seller for the previous review period and we can confirm that the Message Response Rate calculated all eligible messages. Upon further checking, it appears that the messages you've received from October 25, 2022 - October 29, 2022 were all on-going conversation. 

Please remember that your response rate shows the percentage of initial messages that you reply to within 24 hours in your current 3-month evaluation period—just the first message, not ongoing conversations. Additionally, messages sent on the last two days of the 3-month review period may be excluded from the current review period and counted towards the next period instead. This is to allow Sellers a full 24 hours to respond and not be penalized for messages received late on the final day of the review period.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.