Low bandwidth or something else?

Is anyone else having issues with the site being seriously delayed or lagging? If I use the "Quick edit" feature in listings it takes forever to switch. It is taking forever for my pages to display and I keep getting the message  "Page unresponsive; do you want to wait? or kill the pages? 

I use Chrome and I am having no issues with any other site or internet related page. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
18 Replies

Re: Low bandwidth or something else?

j'ai remarquer que mes vue était très lente aujourd'hui sur etsy

1 Like
Amaradorn
Community Maker

I think it's the Etsy servers. Recently marking a featured listing was taking about an hour to synch - previously it was almost immediate. I wouldn't be surprised if they have some overload problems with the huge increase in sellers over the last few years.

3 Likes

@Amaradorn I believe Etsy is still all cloud based, so there shouldn't be a delay unless Etsy is refusing to pay for immediate updates. The whole move to the cloud was touted as easily scalable, and the site no doubt had much great volume in early December than today. 

I suppose it might be another type of glitch. 

1 Like
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@cindylouwho2 thanks for the insight. I'm just guessing. Wasn't there a major outage a couple of weeks ago?

0 Likes

@Amaradorn yes, but that could be due to anything, not necessarily servers. 

They are clearly changing things around right now; lots of bugs and issues. Not sure I really want to know LOL

1 Like

@Amaradorn: As @cindylouwho2  said, Etsy is cloud based so scaling should not be an issue although the scattered nature of some issues suggests that some localized servers in the cloud may be having issues at times.

Even if all is going well there are two factors: the length of the queue processing the update request on the back end and subsequent delays for the change to actually be processed, and what the server caching delay is set to which determines how long it will be before a successful change is displayed to a user.

2 Likes

@BagmakerSupply "...what the server caching delay is set to which determines how long it will be before a successful change is displayed to a user" - Would lengthening this delay save Etsy any money? Because that would be my number one guess - that they are trying to save a few bucks somehow. 

0 Likes

@cindylouwho2: "Would lengthening this delay save Etsy any money?" Yes, because a server side cached page reduces the number of requests to the servers (particularly the database servers) which is how most cloud providers charge, and the page also loads quicker.

1 Like

It's an etsy issue. When I edit a listing it takes the changes I made forever to show up. The same when changing my feature listings. Even refreshing the page doesn't work. I usually go to another site for a bit. When I return, then I see the changes I made.

6 Likes

@CatsBeadKitsandMore That’s what’s been happening to me too! Very time consuming and frustrating.

1 Like

Is the weather bad in your area?  Your ISP location?   I have no problems editing on Etsy.  Not lagging.

It can be weather.  It can be your ISP.  It's not always Etsy. 

0 Likes

@JDTotesnDolls , If it was either of those things then it would effect whatever site I was on, not just etsy. I have no problems on any other site but etsy.

1 Like

No lagging at all, very quick for listing and uploading photo's which is a huge + 

0 Likes

I often overlook the little notice in the upper corner of the chrome browser window telling me there is an update. Usually, when I find I am having problems, it is because chrome needs to update. Try closing your browser window and reopening it and see if that helps. I just had to do mine because there was an update.

1 Like

Yes, it's slow for me.  I am using Chrome.  The rest of the internet is working fine.  

1 Like
CuriousityShop
Conversation Maker

I had trouble with Firefox being really slow all day. (That includes Etsy)

0 Likes

Yes, I was listing yesterday using Safari and was having trouble with type lagging.  I rebooted, but the challenge remained.  It is fine today as I type this comment.  

0 Likes

I've been having the same problem. Takes so long to make a listing. Especially uploading images. Don't know if it's my internet service or etsy.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.