I just tried to go to a shop that I recently purchased from by clicking on an item in my favorites.

When the item opened, the shop name was no longer visible anywhere in the listing.  The shop names have completely disappeared. 

I went into several shops, including my own, and clicked on various lostings. 

The shop name and link to the shop that the item belongs to is completely gone from the main part of the listings.

To get a link to the shop, you have to scroll down to the bottom below the reviews to "more from this shop" which has been made tinier and less prominent.

Is anyone else seeing the same thing? Or is it a test?

It was not like this earlier in the morning when I was shopping for supplies.

As a seller, I find this new change of removing the shop name from my listing to be a tremendous negative.

As a regular Etsy shopper, this change makes my shopping experience frustrating and makes me less willing to shop on Etsy.  Shopping is now complicated instead of simple and intuitive.

I would love to hear if others are seeing the same thing.

Re: Listings no longer show shop name or link back to the shop

Jump to solution

I don't really remember due to all the tests Etsy has done, but they may have tested removing shop links some time ago. I am thinking this because at some point, I put links to my shop as the very first thing in my item descriptions and have always kept them there. One could also add the shop URL to images.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
onedaysgracenz
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Adding the shop url to images doesn't make them clickable though.

If added to the image alt text, they could well make your image invisible in image searches, which depend on image alt text matching the search parameters.

This new feature by Etsy is just not good news for sellers

4 Likes
NickiesNest
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I do the same thing.  I think at one point it was recommended by Etsy, but I don't remember.  I always include a link back to my shop at the end of every listing.  If this change becomes permanent, may have to switch it to the top.

(For now, I still see the shop name at the top when I look at a listing.)

1 Like

Jump to solution

Etsy actually has a different layout for each browser too, it looks completely different in chrome vs firefox vs mobile (safari) for example. Ive noticed things they are testing will pop up for a few days and then disappear too, right now i have video reviews (which is very cool) on firefox! but only i can see them as its still in beta, and i cant see it if i'm using the chrome browser. Today on firefox i noticed all the shops now have a "follow" button where the "heart" favorite button used to be, for when you favorite a shop, and also the "heart" is gone from the listing picture to favorite it and there is only an option to "add to collection" below the "add to basket button" but on chrome its still all normal.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I'm on a PC using W11 and Edge.
If I go to any listing, I see the shop name top right, right above the title, star seller and # of reviews.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I still see the shop name on any listing when using my computer.I don't see it any longer when using my phone. I always did before. I am not using the etsy "app' I am using my phone to go to the etsy web version as I always have for the last 2 years. Etsy must be doing a trial test as I have seen some say they can not see it and some still can. Im just saying it is an extremely negative strategy. It adds nothing to the shopping experience. It is a negative deterrent. The way it is set up, you have to scroll down past all reviews to the bottom, to get to a spot that says " more from this shop" Whoever decided to test this "change" needs a marketing class.

5 Likes

Jump to solution

I am going through this now and am extremely irritated, just as a shopper trying to buy supplies. As a handmade artisan - who’s been on Etsy since 2009– I am more than irritated and boarding on irate. This better be a test. I am not being erased as an artist. 

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes, this change is very frustrating as a buyer on Etsy.  It definitely makes it more difficult to shop here, even navigating between listings in a specific shop.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

"Erased as an artist" -This, absolutely! It feels like Etsy suddenly decided to usurp every seller's carefully cultivated identity, as if Etsy produced and own all the things we do, the work to create or collect, curate and sell. We try to create a personal style and image for our individual shops and Etsy wants to remove and control our individuality by making our shops invisible and mixing our wares with everything else, related or not, out there. They are even making you click on a link to see a photo of the item for which someone left a review.

It is not impossible to find the tiny link that allows us to see the shop name and enter the shop to see what else they have, but Etsy seems to want to hide it and make the frustrated buyer, through trial and error, see many other things until nearly giving up.

As it has been set up all along, it seems that buyers don't always notice to click on the link to read a complete description of the item. Some customers already seem confused that everything in their carts doesn't ship together from a single regional location like on Amazon. Etsy used to make more sense and I don't understand their constant need to fool around with the setup that was working just fine before. But the worst offense to me is that they are now tucking our identities out of sight.

2 Likes
IndustrialBlonde
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I just noticed this debacle yesterday. It is infuriating, frustrating, and inane. As a shop owner, I can’t even access my own shop from an item page with ease. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Update!

Today I noticed that the shop names and links are back on the listings.  Great news.

Hopefully, this test is gone, never to return.

5 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.