Listings no longer show shop name or link back to the shop

Jump to solution

I just tried to go to a shop that I recently purchased from by clicking on an item in my favorites.

When the item opened, the shop name was no longer visible anywhere in the listing.  The shop names have completely disappeared. 

I went into several shops, including my own, and clicked on various lostings. 

The shop name and link to the shop that the item belongs to is completely gone from the main part of the listings.

To get a link to the shop, you have to scroll down to the bottom below the reviews to "more from this shop" which has been made tinier and less prominent.

Is anyone else seeing the same thing? Or is it a test?

It was not like this earlier in the morning when I was shopping for supplies.

As a seller, I find this new change of removing the shop name from my listing to be a tremendous negative.

As a regular Etsy shopper, this change makes my shopping experience frustrating and makes me less willing to shop on Etsy.  Shopping is now complicated instead of simple and intuitive.

I would love to hear if others are seeing the same thing.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
12 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Listings no longer show shop name or link back to the shop

Jump to solution

This change is different from what you describe.

What I am seeing (or not seeing) is that the shop name is completely removed from the main part of the listings.

If I open an item, there is no way to easily see what shop it belongs to.

In the past, the shop name was below the main photos of the item.

Now, buyers have to search for the shop name.  They cannot easily and intuitively click on an accessible link to visit a shop.

There is nothing visible on the listing that displays the shop selling the item. Essentially, shop branding and name recognition is removed entirely.

To access a shop from a listing, the buyers will need to take extra steps and will have to know where to look to get to our shops.

They can scroll down and open the contact link.  The shop name is still there.

Or, buyers must scroll down to the bottom of the listing page, past all the reviews and photos from reviews, to a small "more from this shop" link.

The font used in "more from this shop" is smaller and less prominent.

Any buyer just swiping through their phone will easily miss the link to the shop, because it is buried and hidden. 

I missed it the first time I viewed the new listing format, and got a little frustrated trying to find my way back to the shop I planned to purchase from.

I shop Etsy frequently, so I am very familiar with how to navigate their quirks.  If I had difficulty finding my way to the shop I wanted to buy from under this new format, casual sellers will definitely have difficulty.

It is not a positive change.

I am glad to hear not everyone is seeing this. Hopefully,  this indicates that it is indeed a test,  and perhaps will go away soon.

View solution in original post

8 Likes

Jump to solution

Update!

Today I noticed that the shop names and links are back on the listings.  Great news.

Hopefully, this test is gone, never to return.

View solution in original post

5 Likes
35 Replies

Re: Listings no longer show shop name or link

Jump to solution

I am seeing the same thing and found it frustrating as well. I wonder if it's a test...

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I am not seeing that  - yet. So it's either a test or being rolled out slowly. This would drive me crazy as a buyer for sure.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Hopefully it is just a really, really bad test that will get axed soon.

I think that it is almost worse for me as a buyer than me as a seller.

It is very difficult to shop efficiently with the store link removed from the listing.  In fact, it makes it far less likely that I will shop on Etsy, and more likely that I will seek out independent websites for my regular Etsy shops.  Removing the shop link from the listings makes shopping on Etsy a hassle, particularly when shopping for supplies. 

8 Likes

Jump to solution

Wow, this sounds awful. I hope it's a test because I don't see it (yet?). Agreed it would be a hassle - what if you're trying to fill up your cart to make that $35 free shipping guarantee? Or just trying to bundle your items from the same place? Why would they make that more difficult for buyers?

1 Like

Jump to solution

Sad to hear it is not just me.

I know sellers often post that the weekly new change or test is "The Worst Change Ever on Etsy" but I must say that this specific change must rank very, very high on bad ideas from the Etsy programmer staff.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

It's very annoying! I like to be able to go right to the shop without scrolling.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Agreed!! I hope they DON'T decide to keep it.

2 Likes
SmudgePlant
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I just noticed it too when I was browsing on my phone (not the app.)  You have to scroll down past the reviews and it says "More from this shop" and click the "See more" to go back to the store front.

On my PC on Firefox, the shop link is still there.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I agree @SewJoyfulandBlessed 

I also use the favorite items list to bookmark supply shops I frequent.

They tend to add new listings frequently, so the alerts can get overwhelming if you favor the shop.  

So instead of favoring the shop, I will favor a listing to avoid the alerts, knowing I can easily return to the shop by clicking on the shop name in the listing.

This new change makes that more difficult.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Huh, that sounds like a test, alright.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Interesting.

More people shop on their phones than on the app or PC. 

I think this will negatively impact the Etsy shopping experience for many customers.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I wholeheartedly agree. I am your average shopper and have been navigating etsy since they began. From 2015 till Up until last year, I didn't even have a computer as mine had gotten wet and Apple is expensive, so I did everything on my phone. Even listing.

This is a ridiculous and inconvenient change. I do buy some digitals from several different etsy shops and now it is just harder to navigate IN their shops even when I do find them. The shop name under each item just makes much better marketing sense.

Please come to your senses etsy!!!

This is NOT a better way.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Right @CostumeCoutoureNaomi! I do that too!

1 Like
onedaysgracenz
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I don't see what you see from individual listings either in favs or items in my cart.

But ... "Save for Later", the area under the cart for savings items, has disappeared completely now.

A few weeks ago it changed from being visible under the cart to a link at the top of the cart page, but now it has gone entirely.

For me, that's a really backward step as a buyer here. I use that space to store items as I run out of them in my workshop, then add back into the cart when I'm ready to place the order. Now all my saved items have just vanished.

Using favs doesn't work the same. That where I store things I am thinking about but don't need right now or as I can afford them. There's no way of telling in favs whether the item is on my list of things I've run out of or not.

I agree, this makes shopping on Esy just more difficult for me. I keep adapting to changes here, but this one is a biggie.

Fortunately a lot of the suppliers I use on Etsy now have their own websites where I can go, but it still not as convenient as being able to get a visual snapshot of what I need to budget for. The main reason why I use Etsy in preference to individual websites was because of how I could use the cart features here to see multiple sellers at a glance.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Ooh.

I still have my save for later section in my cart, fortunately. 

But I feel like something is missing in the cart.  I just cannot put my finger on it.

1 Like
onedaysgracenz
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@CostumeCoutureNaomi  - Now in my cart page there is a new link at the top that says "Keep Shopping".

If I click that it takes me to the last item I faved in the favorites lists.

Useless!

1 Like

Jump to solution

I do not have the Keep Shopping link or favorites in my cart.

I only have the Save for Later list.

0 Likes
StreetwoodDesign
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

etsy tinkering. seemingly always a fail.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I still see shop names in my favorites, but the recommendations to add stuff to my saved collections are annoying and cluttering up the page. The items Etsy chooses are never what I would choose.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Click on a listing and see if you can see the shop name within the listing itself.

The icon photo in favorites still has the shop name.

But when you open the individual listings, the shop name disappears.

@TinLizziAntiques 

1 Like
TagTeams
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

You might be talking about the same issue I've had (off & on) for weeks.  One day I noticed my shop name directly under my name & hovered over it.  After clicking on it, I was back to my shop page.  Yet another unnecessary test.  [insert eye roll]

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This change is different from what you describe.

What I am seeing (or not seeing) is that the shop name is completely removed from the main part of the listings.

If I open an item, there is no way to easily see what shop it belongs to.

In the past, the shop name was below the main photos of the item.

Now, buyers have to search for the shop name.  They cannot easily and intuitively click on an accessible link to visit a shop.

There is nothing visible on the listing that displays the shop selling the item. Essentially, shop branding and name recognition is removed entirely.

To access a shop from a listing, the buyers will need to take extra steps and will have to know where to look to get to our shops.

They can scroll down and open the contact link.  The shop name is still there.

Or, buyers must scroll down to the bottom of the listing page, past all the reviews and photos from reviews, to a small "more from this shop" link.

The font used in "more from this shop" is smaller and less prominent.

Any buyer just swiping through their phone will easily miss the link to the shop, because it is buried and hidden. 

I missed it the first time I viewed the new listing format, and got a little frustrated trying to find my way back to the shop I planned to purchase from.

I shop Etsy frequently, so I am very familiar with how to navigate their quirks.  If I had difficulty finding my way to the shop I wanted to buy from under this new format, casual sellers will definitely have difficulty.

It is not a positive change.

I am glad to hear not everyone is seeing this. Hopefully,  this indicates that it is indeed a test,  and perhaps will go away soon.

8 Likes
TagTeams
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Oh shoot, that has to be terrible & obviously needs fixing.  I'm sorry, I misunderstood.  Hasn't hit me...not yet, anyway.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Yes!! I just went into one of my the shops that I like and found exactly what you are saying. The shop name which has always been under the item listing and clickable to see all the other listings that shops carry… is GONE. As a shopper I find this extremely difficult and a definite negative change. As a shop owner, I find it very negative. I hope this is only a test because if it is a permanent change, etsy is making a huge marketing mistake. 

6 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.